The Content Developer (CD) reports to and assists the Vice President of Academic Operations or the Director of the Online Dvision to ensure the development and creation of electronic content for online courses. The CD will assist in the creation and modification of current and new courses within the Charter catalog. The CD should have an excellent understanding of various layout and design techniques as well as knowledge of web related technologies such as WYSIWYG editors, XHTML, CSS, and basic image manipulation and solid Storyline and Camtasia experience. In addition, the ideal candidate should have the ability to adapt to working with various departments and alongside a wide variety of personalities. The CD should be able to balance and prioritize tasks and grasp educational contexts and outcomes without being a subject matter expert. Additional duties include Canvas LMS cosmetic changes and duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Content Developer will assist in the process of quality assurance to ensure the accuracy of the content delivered to the student. Specifically,
- Develop media including images and video in classes as needed.
- Author Storyline presentations to compliment or replace extensive readings in class.
- Ensure online course shells and materials are aesthetically pleasing, functional and engaging for the students.
- Create infographics and other visual resources to assist in student understanding of material.
- Work with Subject Matter experts to ensure the accuracy of the content developed prior to being delivered to the student.
- Design, create, revise and structure content, activities, and materials for an online and blended format with a focus on the student experience,
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (Charter College employees, contractors and sub-contractors) to identify what students need to learn, to create and revise learning materials.
- Create media to support learning (e.g., visual aids for face-to-face, various multimedia for e-learning and online)
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in computer systems, workflow analysis and improvement processes
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a broad range of professionals
- Adobe Suite, typography, Storyline, Camtasia MS Office, HTML, CSS, FTP
- Minimum of 2 years related experience /equivalent education and experience
- Associates Degree Required
- Exempt - Salaried position
- Pay Range: $40,000 – $50,000
- Compensation dependent on experience, knowledge and education level
We are committed to diversity. Charter College and Prospect Education LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers.