POSITION: HR BUSINESS PARTNER- COMPENSATION
LOCATION: HUMAN RESOURCES
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of responsible professional, technical and analytical classification and compensation activities related to the maintenance of the college compensation system. Maintains and ensures consistent application of the college’s classification standards for job classes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Collaborates with the HR team on a variety of projects, including program design, analysis, budgeting, and implementation of new programs.
- Manages projects such as annual survey participation and analysis and compensation.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Identify and implement ways to improve the HR compensation processes.
- Works with HRIS and IT staff to ensure that the HRIS system meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to salary structures, bonus, etc.
- Leverage the various HRIS systems to maintain confidential HR data; produce a variety of standard and ad-hoc reports, analyze and compile appropriate data when needed. Ensure integrity of employee data (accurate, complete, and timely).
- Be a resource to others in the resolution of complex compensation-related issues.
- Working within systems and procedures, ensures all aspects of job creation are addressed in a timely manner i.e. creation of position numbers, posting of new and revised descriptions, etc.
- Process employee transactions in the HRIS system; enter and maintain data that includes but not limited to New Hire, Termination, Leave of Absence, Reassignment, Position Maintain, Hours Change, Salary Increase, Bonus/Supplement Pay
- Provide training and consult with supervisors on employment procedures or workflows.
- Partner with other HR team members to support department employment needs.
- Provides analytical support and data analysis on projects and human resource metrics.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in higher education human resources
- Bachelor's degree.
- HR Certification preferred
EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience working in an academic setting
- HR systems, recruiting/onboarding expertise, (PeopleSoft Human Capital Management, Taleo)
- Understand employee Classifications.
- Knowledge and experience working in a union environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially excel and data base applications
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
We offer a competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: OPEN UNTIL FILLED