Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? Navstar is an award-winning organization that has a proven track record of successfully providing IT services and solutions both as a prime and sub-contractor on mission focused IT programs. Our employees are integral players in support of mission-critical programs focused on our National Security.
- Work on an innovative team to provide bug fixes, enhancements, and Graphical User Interface (GUI) improvements to applications to meet operational requirements.
- Develop and modify application source code, in response to new requirements and requests for change.
- Develop and deploy software, including in cloud environments.
- Integrate externally developed code into core libraries.
- Install and configure application software.
- Evaluate third party vendors and software partners.
- Design and Develop Representational State Transfer (REST) application Program Interfaces (APIs).
- Maintain Design of software libraries, including the definition of module APIs, code organization, and compliance in coding standards.
- Work with the configuration manager to ensure the integration of externally developed software into core software libraries.
- Develop a wide range of software to run on the Sponsor’s networks.
- Assisting the Sponsor in developing specific standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality release or release readiness.
- Conduct testing at all levels of the software development life cycle, to include regression testing, and adhere to strict testing procedures.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- To be eligible for this position you must hold an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or other related scientific or technical discipline. If the candidate does not have a Bachelor's degree, they must have (5) additional years of experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience (within the last 5 years) in software engineering.
- Experience with full lifecycle agile software development projects.
- Experience with software issue tracking tools such as JIRA
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience developing Android applications.
- Demonstrated experience designing, developing and maintain applications within AWS/Sponsor cloud computing services.
- Working knowledge of GIS software to include Google Maps and Google Earth.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Software Development and Software Integration best practices.
- Demonstrated experience working with Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) policies such as ICD503 to ensure systems security and data integrity.
For 20 years Navstar has provided high-quality Innovative Technology Services and Solutions throughout the Intelligence Community. We would not have achieved the success we have without the best AllStar team; this is not just a place to work, Navstar is a community. At Navstar everything we do revolves around listening to both our customers and employees, delivering the results they expect, and being a trusted partner as both a prime and subcontractor. We have proven track record of successfully providing innovative technology services and solutions on highly mission-focused programs; all while enjoying what we do at the same time. Security is our priority; together, we will make the nation a safer place.
Benefits at Navstar
- Highly Competitive Health Care Premiums, including 100% employer paid for employee
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Generous PTO and Federal Holiday Paid Leave
- Employer Paid STD/LTD
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401K plan and Employer Match
- Referral and Opportunity Referral Programs
- Professional Development Assistance
Navstar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.