Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? Navstar is an award-winning organization that has a proven track record of successfully providing IT services and solutions both as a prime and sub-contractor on mission focused IT programs. Our employees are integral players in support of mission-critical programs focused on our National Security.
Provides expertise in adult learning practices and methods to develop and enhance instructional curriculum for instructor led, web-based, performance-support, distributed learning, or any blend of these delivery methods. Possesses high attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and eLearning authoring software. Has experience in research and identification of high-quality learning solutions within academic, industry, and government organizations which can be leveraged to address organizational learning needs.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- B.A., B.S. in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, Distance Learning, English, or Human Performance Technology or significant commensurate years of relevant experience designing, developing, and implementing learning solutions
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment, with an emphasis on eLearning and multimedia technologies.
- Minimum Education/Experience: a combination of higher education and experience that comprise five years
- Experience in curriculum management and course maintenance
- Experience in the performance of all aspects of instructional design for classroom and eLearning environments to include management of client deliverables within scheduling requirements against defined milestones and deadlines
- Experience in adult learning theory and student-centered pedagogy
- Ability to develop a basic subject-matter understanding through materials provided and individual research/collaboration with course/content stakeholders
- Demonstrated writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong consulting and interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to work with senior leadership
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, implement maintain instructional materials and solutions following defined processes to include structured courseware, job aids, and informal learning content
- Experience collecting, compiling, analyzing and synthesizing information to determine learning requirements and implementing learning solutions
- Demonstrated experience authoring and editing of web- and computer-based training materials using Articulate Storyline software
- Ability to demonstrate an application of cognitive science and human factors engineering that apply to the design of web-based training
- Experience and/or familiarity with eLearning standards, to include SCORM and Section 508 requirements, web-usability standards and practices, and evaluation models to include Kirkpatrick
- Familiar with LMS, specifically Blackboard
- Experience in developing student centric products to include Performance Support solutions
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to develop and maintain content to be hosted on learning management systems (Blackboard) or content management systems (SharePoint) as required
- Familiarity and/or working knowledge of the Intelligence Community and NGA.
- Attained industry learning related certifications such as ASTD CPLP, Kirkpatrick, Blackboard, and Articulate Storyline
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to faculty as they begin to leverage instructional technologies within curriculum
- Understanding and/or familiarity with the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accreditation standards and policies
- Experience in developing and maintaining eLearning educational products using Articulate Storyline software tools
For 20 years Navstar has provided high-quality Innovative Technology Services and Solutions throughout the Intelligence Community. We would not have achieved the success we have without the best AllStar team; this is not just a place to work, Navstar is a community. At Navstar everything we do revolves around listening to both our customers and employees, delivering the results they expect, and being a trusted partner as both a prime and subcontractor. We have proven track record of successfully providing innovative technology services and solutions on highly mission-focused programs; all while enjoying what we do at the same time. Security is our priority; together, we will make the nation a safer place.
Benefits at Navstar
- Highly Competitive Health Care Premiums, including 100% employer paid for employee
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Generous PTO and Federal Holiday Paid Leave
- Employer Paid STD/LTD
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401K plan and Employer Match
- Referral and Opportunity Referral Programs
- Professional Development Assistance
Navstar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.