This individual, who reports to the Senior Director of Communications, oversees the ideation, creation, implementation, and distribution of ICANN’s visual content and social media strategy, to align with the objectives of ICANN’s priority narratives. The role requires exceptional creative skills and expertise in all aspects of integrated communications. It also requires considered and deft people skills to manage relationships between our internal or external clients, and the creative services team members.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Review and assess creative briefs with ICANN internal and external clients, and the creative services team members, to align on goals, audience, and engagement measurement.
- Work with creative services team members on ideas to fulfill requests contained in creative briefs and deliver on goals.
- Ensure creative work adheres to ICANN’s visual identity guidelines, accessibility guidelines, written guidelines, and translations or interpretation requirements.
- Lead kickoff meetings and creative brainstorm sessions.
- Ensure content has undergone approvals (Legal, Technical, etc.).
- Manage versioning and translations as required.
- Remain up-to-date on knowledge of creative design and social media environments and trends, and new technology platforms.
- Create global social media strategies (organic and paid) for macro and micro initiatives.
- Supervise creative services team members, and ensure they are meeting their goals and adhering to ICANN’s creative, written, and social media standards.
- Manage budget of external vendors to ensure value for services and costs are in line with projections.
- Manage external vendors and build roster of vendors to fulfill ICANN’s creative needs within budget.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Creativity, ideation, with exceptional storytelling skills.
- Expert in working with designers to translate difficult concepts into simple, sophisticated visual design.
- Excellent project management skills; decisive, organized, and efficient.
- Exceptional understanding of integrated communications, its importance, and the role it plays in an organization.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.
- Exceptional written skills, including the ability to write effectively on deadline.
- Excellent knowledge of creating content for multiple formats - video (including animation), audio, infographics, reports (layout), etc.
- Ability to work without supervision, self-starter.
- Excellent skills in managing social media platforms and running organic and paid campaigns, and knowledge with social media practices and trends, including best practices for engagement, and extrapolating data for social media reports.
- Excellent skills in Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, SoundCloud, Youtube, Flickr, Hootsuite, Constant Contact, Bitly, Photoshop, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat Pro, Jira. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong analytical ability and understanding of online behavior.
- Excellent judgment, trustworthiness, and commitment to integrity and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to establish and follow through on priorities.
- Ability to quickly learn the ICANN environment and its current issues.
- Able to cope with continuous change and pressure in a dynamic and fast changing environment.
- Knowledge of translation and accessibility requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or Certificate in marketing, advertising, design, or similar field.
- Experience: Minimum of eight years of experience with a bachelor’s degree or certificate, with prior experience in a creative role.
- Must include at least two years of management experience and project management experience.
- Prior experience working for a global organization preferred.
- Specialized training in social media campaigns, project management, art direction.
Languages: Fluency, both written and spoken, in English is required
- ICANN is a global organization that values diversity; preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated skills in additional languages besides English
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- International travel may be required to support ICANN related meetings as requested for lengths of 7-10 days for each trip, approximately three times per year, likely on different continents
- Comfort level with an international work environment that requires availability at times outside normal business hours, seven days per week.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise
- The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands and arms to reach, handle or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work location is Los Angeles.