The Senior Program Analyst supports one or more programs within the organization. This includes the monitoring and coordination of cross departmental tasks as well as the execution of specific tasks to further the goals of the program and may be called upon to assist in the formulation of program or project strategy. The Senior Program Analyst also assists in the management and administration of programs as needed.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
The Senior Program Analyst will:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of key objectives, challenges and keys to success for the program or project and have the ability to articulate this to others.
- Assist in planning and execution of major program and project elements (including but not limited to; issue identification and resolution; feasibility and advisability analysis; project planning, implementation activities; reporting and KPIs).
- Prioritize and escalate issues to the appropriate level of management.
- Complete project deliverables on time in adherence to the project schedule and management direction.
- Create targeted reports to senior management related to program and project progress and issues.
- Coordinate across functions to identify, research, and resolve or recommend solutions to complex issues.
- Develop and document scalable and repeatable processes and procedures.
- Manage program and project meetings, including preparation and presentation of materials.
- Coordinate activities of cross-departmental team comprised of subject matter experts.
- Assist in the development of strategy for assigned programs and projects.
- Perform process improvement reviews to identify areas for improvement.
- Exercise good business judgment in project planning and task execution.
- Develop subject matter expertise in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Develop subject matter familiarity in areas of department responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new processes, procedures, or situations
- Ability to proactively identify problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to grasp broader implications of complex issues (such as policy, operational, financial)
- Ability to summarize complex issues and provide meaningful analysis.
- Perform analysis of available information to identify appropriate indicators and create targeted reports and recommendations.
- Work productively and effectively with diverse, multi-lingual cross functional staff distributed globally.
- Manage multiple programs and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent business judgement.
- Meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including written and verbal fluency in English.
- Strong sense of ownership and drive to complete tasks.
- Commitment to organizational principles of accountability and transparency.
- Understanding of ICANN and the multistakeholder internet Community.
- Knowledge of a project management methodology or related development process.
- Experience in managing vendors to collect status and ensure quality and progress on deliverables.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in a relevant field of study.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive work experience in a project management or development role.
- Prior international experience preferred.
- Prior experience working for an international organization, strongly preferred.
- Fluency, both written and spoken, in English is required.
- ICANN is a global organization that values diversity; preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated skills in additional languages besides English.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- International travel may be required to support ICANN related meetings as requested for lengths of 7-10 days for each trip, approximately three times per year, likely on different continents.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Comfort level with an international work environment that requires availability at times outside normal business hours, seven days per week.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands and arms to reach, handle or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.