The Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive executive administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Global Communications and Language Services (SVP) and her team. The Executive Assistant ensures proactive, effective and efficient functioning of assigned tasks, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment and responsibilities, maintenance of procedures and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made. This person also will support the content team by providing proofreading support.
- Maintain appointment schedule for the SVP, manage for priorities, plan and schedule group meetings, teleconferences and travel.
- Manage schedules and deliverable items for meetings and events, including preparations of relevant materials by team members for executive responsibilities.
- Schedule meetings and conference calls with attendees while proactively balancing time zones. Set-up frequent conference calls and monitor/take minutes for calls as necessary.
- Organize physical meetings for the SVP and the team, including booking rooms, ordering catering, providing audio visual support, note-taking and other support services as needed.
- Process contracts, statements of work, and other procurement activities as needed.
Travel / Expenses Management:
- Book travel, including lodging, flights, car service and any passport/visa requirements needed for domestic and international travel for the SVP well as other team members, as needed.
- Proactively follow-up, communicate and manage any changes to schedule.
- Troubleshoot issues related to travel such as canceled flights, hotel room extensions, and other travel-related concerns.
- Prepare and submit expense reports related to travel and other day-to-day activities in a timely manner.
- Coordinate finances, assist with budget preparation as needed, including collecting data for new fiscal year budgets, tracking current spends of team throughout the year, and accruing leftover costs into the new fiscal year at the end of previous fiscal years.
- Work and train others on various ERP software systems within the organization including time management, expense/travel management, and budget/contract management.
- Prepare documents, reports, spreadsheets and presentations as necessary, and recommend best design, layout and approach to meeting each specific need.
- Answering and directing calls and emails to appropriate parties.
- Overseeing administrative policies within an organization and within the office; recommending changes as appropriate.
- Reading and analyzing submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determining significance; routing to appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations.
- Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
- Data analysis; Proficient in Access, MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Perform filtering and sorting of data, V-lookup and other functions.
- Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
- Prepare and develop a records management system; maintain and recommend changes to records system when appropriate.
- Interact with customers when appropriate and problem solve. Document complaints and develop an appropriate course of action. Report problems to executives when they cannot be resolved for attention.
- Strong follow-up skills to keep departmental deadlines on track. Proactive in supporting department leads to obtain closure on deadlines. Liaise and coordinate with staff nts to ensure tasks are carried out and delivered in a timely manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Must be proactive, aware of responsibilities and anticipate administrative responsibilities in support of executives.
- Must be well organized and experienced in use of all office systems and software, with a preference for skills in Word, Excel, Outlook Adobe Professional, and PowerPoint.
- Maintains confidentiality of the most sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent English drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Writing and proofreading skills, including document formatting and creation of tables, charts and process maps.
- Professional with strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multicultural, multiethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Strong ability to communicate, coordinate and work effectively with geographically distributed staff.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Ability to solve complex issues in an ambiguous environment.
- Effective management of time and resources, while being punctual. The ability to be a self-starting, creative, detail-oriented, flexible and pro-active member of the team.
- Maturity, strong work ethic, “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude, willingness to help colleagues, and ability to work flexible hours based on travel schedules and approaching deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience performing advanced and/or executive-level administrative, secretarial, and clerical functions in a corporate environment required.
- Advanced MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint experience required.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including fluency in English.
- Strong organizational, project/time management and multitasking skills.