The Quality Analyst Trainer (QAT) is responsible for assessing quality aspects related to performance of individuals within the ICANN org external support functions and will provide ongoing coaching and feedback to drive continuous process improvement.
Specific responsibilities of the QAT role include monitoring inbound and outbound calls, email communications, and case comments. Analysis of these channels with result in ongoing assessment of Global Support team member demeanor, technical accuracy, customer service performance, and conformity to company policies and procedures.
This individual will assist, and in some cases, lead efforts in survey design, implementation, reporting survey results, provide training and continuous development on difficult customer interactions. Further, they will define, promote, and evolve a shared definition of what constitutes the desired quality level of team member performance, as well as develop and monitor the effectiveness of escalation procedures for the Global Support Team.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
There are three key areas of responsibilities for this position.
- Review quality data to determine learning opportunities and direction by applying advanced adult learning theories into a scenario-based learning strategy.
- Using business-specific quality measurements, track performance and improvement against these metrics.
- Evaluate and constructively critique QA strategies and techniques.
- Lead QA calibration sessions with management to ensure consistent delivery of brand and compliance with all regulations.
- Conduct monthly audits for compliance of regulated areas; report on results and develop action plans for continuous improvement.
- Performs call monitoring, case review, and provides trend data to management team.
- Uses quality monitoring data management system to compile and track performance at the team and the individual level.
- Coordinates and facilitates communication calibration sessions for the Global Support Team.
- Participates in the design and ongoing evolution of verbal and written communication formats and quality standards.
Coaching & Training
- Identify future and current training needs based on Global Support Team goals, assessing quality performance and data analysis.
- Monitor and evaluate the training program’s effectiveness and recommend changes.
- Ensure all training is consistent with desired behavior and ICANN brand, policies and procedures.
- Develop effective evaluation and testing procedures once training has been administered
- Ensure all training curricula are taught to new hires and tenured staff in a standardized and consistent manner.
- Provides actionable data to various internal teams as needed.
- Provides ongoing feedback and coaching of quality results to the Global Support Team.
- Provide reporting on compliance and regulated areas of training material and quality metrics.
Reporting & Analytics
- Conduct gap analyses and needs assessments as required.
- Analyze data to identify process improvement initiatives.
- Act as a subject matter expert and resource to lead and/or participate in the investigation and remedial action identification for nonconformance, customer complaints, etc.
- Drive closure to gaps between actual results and goals; integrates and align the processes that will best achieve the desired results.
- Track Quality Assurance metrics for all the process activities and provide reports for management review.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual quality reviews. Provides detailed reporting to leadership along with recommendations for training and quality improvements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Must be a self-motivator and self-starter
- Focus on quality and dedication to providing exceptional customer care
- Exceptional listening and analytical skills
- Exceptional analytical and reporting abilities
- Effective time management skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels inside the organization
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast paced, team environment
- Must adapt well to change and successfully set and adjust priorities as needed
- Must be able to create clear and meaningful presentations targeting executive audiences
- Must be proficient with:
- Microsoft Office
- Intermediate Word skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Intermediate PowerPoint skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum 5 years related work experience, 3-5 years of Contact Center Experience
- 2 years or more Contact Center Quality Assurance Experience
- Fluency, both written and spoken, in English is required
- ICANN is a global organization that values diversity; preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated skills in additional languages besides English
- International travel may be required to support ICANN related meetings as requested for lengths of 7-10 days for each trip, approximately three times per year, likely on different continents
- Comfort level with an international work environment that requires availability at times outside normal business hours, seven days per week.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise