Under general supervision, the Human Resource Generalist performs a wide range of functions within the HR Department. The primary responsibilities include employee relations and welfare, recruiting, legal compliance, enforcing company policies and practices, assisting the Human Resources Manager, and other general HR functions.
- Must be able to build rapport and establish trust and credibility. Serve as the first level of contact for employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff. Escalates as needed to the HR Manager.
- Provide full-cycle recruiting services, including collaborating with leadership to understand staffing needs, utilizing an ATS, interviewing, facilitating the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions, reviewing background checks and employee eligibility verifications, communicating status with candidates and hiring managers, onboarding, and conducting new hire orientation.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs, such as timekeeping, benefits, leave, personnel files and confidential documents within legal compliance standards, HR related reports as needed, and participates in disciplinary matters, investigations, employment end, and unemployment claims.
- Assists with monthly programs, such as Employee of the Month, Round Table meetings, birthday and anniversary calendar, announcements, treats, meals, special projects, employee welfare, and Beyond News.
- May be assigned projects and/or other duties outside of normal job functions to meet the needs and demands of the business.
- Must be fluent with speaking Spanish.
- Must have a high sense of urgency due to a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to meet deadlines, and prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to cope with change and be flexible with shifting priorities.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Leadership skills and strong business and professional acumen.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze HR processes and make practical recommendations.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the ATS and HRIS systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exemplify core values and looks to the best interest of the Company.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years progressive HR experience, including knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations.
- SHRM-CP or SCP a plus.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department and at each facility.
This is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Staffing Connection reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.