Headway Workforce Solutions, on behalf of their client, is currently searching for a second shift Warehouse Worker. As a Warehouse Worker, you will operate material handling equipment and the warehouse management system to build pallets of product for shipment, receive the product into the warehouse, put away the products in the fill locations, and replenish product into home slots. There are two shift options, including Sunday to Thursday from 4:00 pm-2:30 am, and Sunday from 7:00 pm-3:30 am, Monday to Thursday from 9:00 pm-5:30 am, plus overtime.
As a Warehouse Worker, you will
- Follow established procedures for loading goods.
- Verify all pallets are accounted for, loaded in the correct temperature zone, and are in the right order for delivery.
- Ensure that all perishable goods are stored properly before loading.
- Hand-stack product on trailers as needed.
- Set all cooling units and pre-cool all trailers before loading.
- Utilize dock restraints to secure trailers during the loading process.
- Restack or realign pallets of the product as needed.
- Properly inspect the lift truck, and complete the Daily Inspection Checklist.
- Adhere to all general and powered equipment safety rules.
- Assist with other warehouse-related activities as requested by a supervisor.
- Build stable, accurate pallet loads for shipment, understanding the pallet layers, heights, and counting methods used when working with pallets of product.
- Meet established company production and service level standards.
- Occasionally inventory counting.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma
- Must meet minimum requirements on pre-employment testing, including physical ability tests
- Ability to lift to 60 pounds continually during shift
- Sufficient vision and hearing necessary to operate powered equipment safely
- Outside work- all weather-related temperature range and conditions
- Inside work- temperature range -10° to 85° with hot, humid, wet, cold, and dusty environments
- Work on a dock; workaround moving objects and mechanical parts
- Moderate noise level, adequate ventilation, adequate lighting
- Requires the wearing of company-approved hard-toed safety shoes/personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, grasping, climbing, reaching, and moving about the facility.
- Includes frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- Regularly hand lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds.
- Vision abilities include close, distance, peripheral, and depth perception.
EMPLOYER RIGHTS: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisors or managers to perform other duties. Incumbents will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The company has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not an employment contract, and either you or the company may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice (subject to applicable laws).
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs, and benefits.