Headway Workforce Solutions in partnership with our client is searching for multiple Meat Manufacturing Laborers. These roles are cover a multitude of experience levels whose responsibilities can include, but are not limited to material handling including cutting, moving and preparing raw meat, opening boxes of raw material, labeling, trash collecting, keeping your work area in neat order and safe. Pay for these positions start at a minimum of $14.00/hour.
- Follow directions from your Lead team member.
- Make boxes in multiple departments to appropriate client specifications, including lining and neatly stacking them on the production line table.
- Remove the lining from boxes, discard the lining appropriately, and stack the empty boxes neatly on a pallet to be discarded.
- Stack boxes properly on a pallet and ability to stack in various arrangements by product.
- Check the quality and sanitation of stations
- Cut fresh products into package ready cuts.
- Mold fresh products into blocks and box them.
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English or Spanish.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, days, hours, weekends and overtime.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Adhere to and understand the Code of Behavior.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing facility production environment, potentially consisting of cold temperatures and possible hazards including wet and slippery floors
- This position could be in high noise areas and may require the employee to wear the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)\
- Ability to work in a refrigerated environment of 34°F. To 45°F.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walk, sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel equipment, including equipment that may include sharp objects such as blades, knives, and/or saws; reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to speak and hear is essential in interacting with other inspectors and line supervision.
- Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Some of the measuring functions require sitting
- Must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Exposed to forklift traffic and moving mechanical parts.
- Exposed to wet and/or humid conditions as well as hot and cold environments
- Exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and flammables.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate
- Personal Protective Equipment (such as ear plugs, gloves, masks, glasses, etc.) must be worn as required.
EMPLOYER RIGHTS: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisors or managers to perform other duties. Incumbents will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The Company has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice (subject to applicable laws).
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs, and benefits. #hws