Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Statistical Data Scientist for our Data Sciences Practice in Menlo Park, CA. In this role, you will work as part of a team to rapidly develop data driven analysis and visualization solutions to support clients in a variety of industries including consumer electronics, utilities, and life sciences.
You will be responsible for:
- Serving as an expert in data analytics able to use techniques for exploratory data analysis, statistical inference, and machine learning as appropriate
- Providing support to internal and external clients when planning data collection, including framing the problem, experimental design, sample size calculations, and identifying appropriate populations and sampling strategies for data collection
- Developing reports and visualizations to address clients’ scientific and engineering problems and to support litigation
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Computer Science, or a related engineering/scientific field (such as Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics or Computational Biology)
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in all of the following areas:
- Statistical Analysis
- Supervised Machine Learning
- Experimental Design
- Data Visualization
- At least two years of experience in performing data analysis with either R or Python
- At least two years of experience in applying statistics or machine learning methods to real data
- Proficiency with any of the following is preferred: C/C++, SQL, Linux
- Experience with any of the following is preferred: software development, R Shiny or equivalent dashboard development toolkits, open source ML packages such as scikit-learn and TensorFlow, public cloud computing platforms such as AWS and Azure, Apache Spark
- The desire to work with a diverse set of clients and engage in data science work supporting a variety of subject areas
- Strong practical data analysis ability combined with leadership and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in multidisciplinary teams
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.