ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee’s growth and development
Due to continued growth, Enercon is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Kennesaw, GA (HQ), Tampa, FL, Birmingham, AL, FT Worth, TX, Oakland, CA, Baton Rouge, LA, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Chattanooga, TN, Idaho Falls, ID, Overland Park, KS, or Naperville, IL, or other office locations. This position can be Full Time, PT, or LTLB.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Generate engineering-related documents in accordance with client, ENERCON, and regulatory requirements, adhering to client and ENERCON procedures, processes, specifications, and other company or project directives.
- Maintain up-to-date and relevant knowledge of industry codes and standards, safety culture, and design techniques suitable to the power generation industry.
- Provide peer and technical reviews of engineering designs and engineering-related documentation produced by others.
- Produce high-quality engineering deliverables in accordance with client and industry standards and expectations and ENERCON’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Build strong relationships with clients through professional interactions and communications, and through the development of quality engineering products.
- Consult with other disciplines to ensure designs are compatible with and have considered all discipline requirements.
- Travel to plant sites to interface with client personnel, and to perform walkdowns of plant structures, systems, and components related to the project work.
- Review/manage project schedules and resources to ensure products are properly developed and projects remain within budget.
- Serve as the Responsible Engineer (RE) and/or Lead Responsible Engineer (LRE) on projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications/ skills
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 + years of experience in the design of mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparation of mechanical calculations
- Broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards pertaining to the power industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Ability to independently traverse a ladder and steps while wearing PPE
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client-specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship
This job posting is subject to change at any time
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: www.enercon.com | LinkedIn