ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and technology-related industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee’s growth and development.
Due to continued growth, Enercon Federal Services is seeking a Full Time or Part Time Piping Engineer for our Kennesaw, GA, Baton Rouge, LA, Fort Worth, TX, or Aiken, SC office.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Provide engineering design for process piping and utility piping systems in support of nuclear and non-nuclear projects.
- Prepare error-free engineering documents for government facilities (e.g., drawings, sketches, instructions, inputs, calculations, analyses, evaluations) according to and bounded by industry codes, standards, and regulations to support client engineering needs
- Generate engineering related documents in accordance with client, ENERCON, and regulatory requirements, adhering to client and ENERCON procedures, processes, specifications, and other company or project directives
- Maintain up to date and relevant knowledge of industry codes and standards, safety culture, and design techniques suitable to the nuclear industry
- Provide peer and technical reviews of engineering designs and engineering related documentation produced by others
- Mentor and train less experienced staff
- Build strong relationships with clients through professional interactions and communications, and through the development of quality engineering products
- Consult with other disciplines to ensure designs are compatible with and have considered all disciplinary requirements
- Assist with business plan development and implementation as well as marketing and product / service development
- Review/manage project schedules and resources to ensure products are properly developed and projects remain within budget
Required Qualifications / skills
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience in the design of mechanical piping systems, pipe stress analysis, pipe support analysis, and baseplate analysis
- Experience with a combination of the following software for pipe stress analysis:
- AutoPIPE (High proficiency)
- ME 101
- CAESAR II
- Licensed Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain within 1 year
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical codes and standards.
- Must be a US Citizen able to obtain and/or maintain a DOE L or Q clearance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Must be able to traverse stairs and ladders at client sites.
- Must be able to traverse client sites to conduct walk down.
- Must be able to work outside at client sites in all weather conditions.
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few days to a few weeks.
- Ability to independently perform advanced technical work including complex calculations and analyses under general management oversight.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Experience supporting projects for the federal government (DOE, DOD, etc)
- Experience and/or field experience working under an NQA-1 or ISO9001 Program.
- Experience in pipe support analysis using software such as GTStrudl or STAAD
- Experience in creating isometric and physical pipe routing drawings
- Ability to motivate team and achieve goals through positive, winning attitude and effective leadership style which is consistent with ENERCON’s Defining Excellence fundamentals
- Proven experience with a high level of decision making, directing and overseeing routine and advanced technical work performed by others
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites
Must be a U.S. Citizen
This job posting is subject to change at any time
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: www.enercon.com | LinkedIn