Finished Goods (FG) warehouse support position with responsibilities focused on keeping the material moving in and out of FG. Finished goods utility will report to the FG supervisor but is directed daily by the shipping technician on the shift.
- Pull and stage shipments as directed by the shipping technician. FG utility follows the direction and schedule set by the shipping technician on the designated shift.
- FG utility loads and unloads ALL trucks at the FG warehouse. This includes, any truck set or designated by the shipping technician.
- Sweep and clean the FG warehouse on a daily basis, up to and including the outside docks, ramp or break area.
- Pull leftover packaging, components and returnable containers from work stations and return to correct storage area when jobs are complete.
- Maintain proper staged quantities of packaging and components for support of the following shift.
- Support all /standard work initiatives and maintain all areas in an acceptable manner.
- Operate lift trucks in a safe effective manner and comply with all safety regulations.
- Able to scan inventory in and out of FG and also scan shipments. All associates in FG must be able to scan in all areas needed.
- Be able to work daily overtime as required to support off shifts when coverage is needed.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Educational/Other Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid forklift license
- Language Skills Requirements:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and system documentation such as standard work, area layouts and bom’s.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of associates.
- Mathematical Skills Requirements:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to calculate percentage and proportions.
- Ability to operate a scanner and understand basic inventory control procedures.
- Reasoning Ability Requirements:
- Ability to actively participate in problem solving activities.
- Ability to apply logic to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Physical Requirements:
- Moderate physical movement and exertion.