Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. is an urban office REIT that owns and operates world-class science and technology campuses in America’s key innovation clusters: Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle Park. Our campuses are where the world’s leading scientists and technologists come together to solve some of humanity’s toughest problems and improve the way we live. We are the dominant leader in the life science and technology market and are known for our mission driven culture and deep commitment to the advancement of human health, science, and technology.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition. For additional information on Alexandria, please visit www.are.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all aspects of property maintenance and act as the face of ARE with tenants.
- Direct janitorial, security, and engineering staff as needed.
- Redirect and prioritize work requests including entering work orders in Angus.
- Follow up with tenants to ensure satisfaction with tenant work requests.
- Participate in bi-weekly site operating meetings with building maintenance, security, and cleaning personnel.
- Draft agendas and participate in meetings with tenants.
- Draft and send distribution email blasts to tenants.
- Assist in planning tenant events.
- Responsible for changes to tenant signage as well as event signage in building lobbies.
- Develop contact lists and maintain database for shared contact information.
- Participate in bid process for selecting vendors.
- Prepare service contracts and purchase orders.
- Maintain current and complete certificates of insurance for tenants and vendors. Review all limits, coverage types, expirations and additional insured for compliance.
- Special projects/assignments as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Self-motivated, independent individual desired.
- Client service oriented attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to pursue career in commercial real estate industry.
- Working knowledge in the field of property management and/or real estate.
- Experience in Angus and JDE a plus.