Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE), an S&P 500® company, is an urban office REIT uniquely focused on world-class collaborative life science and technology campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has since established a significant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle Park. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A properties clustered in urban life science and technology campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. For additional information on Alexandria, please visit www.are.com.
The Senior Director – Facilities Services will manage and oversee all areas of tenant building maintenance, and be involved in technology and construction support of existing and new assets.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, marital status, registered domestic partner status, family-care status, veteran status, military status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and manage standard operating procedures for new and existing assets, ensuring compliance and a systematic approach to all assets.
- Manage competing priorities and allocate and optimize time to ensure targets and timelines are met.
- Manage and coordinate vendors in response to service requests by tenants for minor repairs and general facility renovation.
- Manage and work closely with janitorial staff, vendors and contractors to ensure proper follow thru of work orders, repairs, and maintenance of buildings.
- Provide technology support for buildings, ensuring that they are maintained and running well
- Responsible for ensuring that vendors maintain accurate maintenance repair logs and records utilizing company systems.
- Recommend Capital improvements and operational changes for existing facilities to further corporate sustainability.
- Arrange proper communication with tenants to ensure maintenance and repairs are handled properly and efficiently.
- Provide as needed or assist in technical support for facilities maintenance working with vendors to correct problematic HVAC issues.
- Provide as needed or assist in monitoring/troubleshooting building mechanical systems and security systems with some on-call responsibilities.
- Provide as needed or assist in the planning and implementation of capital construction projects, specifically as it relates to building support and maintenance.
- Coordinate with tenants, tenant contractors and landlords contractors to minimize disruptions or loss of essential services with the goal to allow for completion of TI and Capital projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, or related technical field
- Knowledge of building systems, systems commissioning, and systems design
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge in the field of property management, building design and/or real estate, with an interest in labspace, highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Familiarity with CADD, BMS systems and maintenance work request systems a plus.
- Client service oriented attitude a must
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Proficient problem-solving, analytical, and ability to follow directions a must
- Knowledge of thermal metering and other utility sub-metering skills