WTTW (Chicago PBS) and WFMT (classical music radio station) are looking for a Financial Analyst. This position will perform Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) duties to support the company, interacting with the leadership team on reporting, forecasts, budgets and variance analysis.
- Support the Senior Director of Finance and CFO with planning, developing, controlling operating budgets and quarterly forecast updates.
- Provide analytical support for leadership team, along with other ad-hoc requests as needed, including development of comprehensive financial models and PowerPoint presentations.
- Perform variance analysis of key drivers vs. plan and forecast.
- Perform data analysis and help identify expense reduction opportunities.
- Analyze profitability of operating divisions, and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Create revenue and expense projections.
- Special financial analysis projects as requested.
- Other ad-hoc duties as delegated.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to interpret financial and operational data, and inform scenario planning and forecasting.
- A strong attention to detail, capabilities to organize and prioritize workload, manage time productively and meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with ERP systems. Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in utilizing spreadsheet software including pivot tables, formulas and dashboards.as well as advanced user in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
EXPERIENCE: Candidate must have 3-5 years of Financial Analysis experience. Experience in public broadcasting media preferred.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business related major.