Zimmerman Associates Inc. (ZAI) has an immediate need for seeking full-time and Casual/On Call Medical Telephone Appointment Agents for its project located at JBSA Lackland, San Antonio, TX area. The qualified candidates will provide call center/appointment services for a Military Treatment Facility (MTF) for a government contract operation.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services from phone calls, secured messaging or other methods used for appointment requests.
- Supports the Primary Care Manager (PCM) by name in the appointment or consult management departments scheduling primary and specialty care appointments and consult referrals. Provides the patient with specific visit instruction.
- Verify beneficiary eligibility for requested booking and confirm/update patient demographics.
- Follow appropriate booking and consult protocols as outlined in the booking tools or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for each clinic
- Initiate outbound calls to patients, sends mass mailers to specific patient groups and respond to online messaging requests as needed to schedule, reschedule, and/or cancel appointments.
- Directs the flow of initial specialty referral consults for clinical review to specialty care clinics, understanding clinic capability and adhering to all clinic as outlined in the clinic’s Standard Operating Procedures.
The qualified candidates will have the following:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six months - 1 year of experience in a medical office and a fast-paced call center.
- Mandatory knowledge of medical terminology as evidences by a 40-hour educational certificate or at least six (6) months of experience in medical environment.
- Minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, a professional demeanor and a sound understanding of general medical ethics and etiquette.
ZAI is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity) , national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, veterans status or any other legally protected status.