At WSP, our multi-disciplinary Architectural and Engineering team is looking for an individual to be a Community Liaison Coordinator for a new Facility being built in North Saanich. This role is part-time with a few ‘small projects’ to be executed through-out the design process of the new facility. This role will be completing the planning, organization and execution of two workshops during the design phase of the project and a ground-breaking ceremony prior to construction.
This is an exciting opportunity to build and develop the consultation and engagement skills and portfolio of an individual with support from the A49+WSP planning team. You'll also be collaborating across various stakeholders from the Construction Manager, Facility Owner, and Indigenous communities of Pauquachin, Tseycum, Tsartlip, Tsawout or Malahat First Nation ensuring engagement of these stakeholders throughout the planning process.
This ia a 12 month Part-Time Contract Position.
With your application, please include a declaration confirming you are a part of one of the qualified listed First Nations.
- Carry out community liaison tasks during design workshops involving community artist, band representatives during design phase and coordinate organising the ground-breaking ceremony and two other ceremonies as required.
- You'll be responsible for coordinating and communicating with those necessary stakeholders to facilitate a successful completion of the two workshops and ground-breaking ceremony
- You will provide independent facilitation for two workshops and the ground-breaking ceremony
- Support the creation of communications material including key messages, presentations
- Coordinating with the project teams’ Indigenous Art Consultant
- MUST be part of Pauquachin, Tseycum, Tsartlip, Tsawout or Malahat First Nations, AND,
- Experience in communications, marketing, journalism, or related discipline an asset
- Ability to work remotely when provided the technology tools for doing so, or in person in the Victoria Office
- Enhanced presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with different groups and across demographics;
- Significant interpersonal skills and stakeholder relations to build relationships throughout the project
- Previous experience in engaging indigenous communities in infrastructure projects and plans is an asset
- Highly motivated, organized, flexible, enthusiastic team player committed to upholding our reputation for delivering high quality service
- Excellent written and oral communication and time management skills
- Own transportation / ability to commute to the Victoria Office and/or the construction site located in Central Saanich, BC