The Atlantic Transportation and Infrastructure team currently comprises 93 employees spread over the four provinces. WSP’s Fredericton office is in the city’s uptown on the south side, nearby residential areas and shopping centres. As an office with under 50 staff members, our location offers the opportunity for employees to work as part of a close team, receive one-on-one training and mentorship, as well as collaborate with different business lines. Our Municipal Transportation and Infrastructure team members come from a variety of backgrounds and experience ranging from EITs to senior engineers with over 30 years of experience. It is this diversity of skills that have allowed our office to successfully pursue projects. We are eager to add new skills to our team and grow WSP’s Fredericton office!
WSP is currently seeking an Engineer to join our Infrastructure team, located at our Fredericton, New Brunswick office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for the preparation of engineering reports, documents, and drawings involving the planning, analysis and design of transportation and infrastructure projects.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Design of various infrastructure projects related to transportation, municipal, and land development work.
- Direct interaction with infrastructure clients including provincial, municipal, and private
- Coordinate the preparation of drawings required for approvals, prepare development and construction cost estimates;
- Contribute to the cost effective, proper and timely production of engineering designs, that meet all client and approval agency requirements and standards;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved;
- Provide construction support and/or administration for infrastructure projects as required;
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to CAD operators and junior technical staff;
- Provide Quality Management by ensuring quality procedures are followed for drawings and reports;
- Develop and maintain ongoing client relationships;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- 5+ years’ experience in the design or construction of infrastructure projects;
- Engineering background in transportation, municipal, land development or other multidiscipline);
- P.Eng. designation in New Brunswick or eligible to be;
- Experience in engineering consulting will be considered an asset;
- Client relation skills considered an asset.