We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
We currently have an opportunity for a Construction Project Engineer to join our Applied Solutions team based in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
As a Construction Project Engineer with WSP | Golder, you will operate as part of a team of construction engineering professionals working across Canada with projects nationally as well as overseas. We develop detailed designs and specifications and provide contract administration, contract management and general contracting services for a diverse clientele.
As a Construction Project Engineer here you'll work on a wide range of projects that may include new construction, building and infrastructure demolition, large earthmoving projects including large mining projects, landfill closure and mine closure, remediation, and complex environmental capping construction.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Detailed engineering design and specification package development;
- Project development, work instruction planning (WIP’s), project planning, phasing and scheduling – working with stakeholders to ensure constructible project delivery. Candidates must demonstrate means and methods knowledge of construct with the ability to provide detailed sequential descriptions of how to execute work. Candidates will assist with other constructability reviews;
- Project management of engineering projects, and contract administration experience is required as part of project delivery;
- Work with estimating functions and procurement functions on development of scopes of work and providing support to estimating and procurement activities as necessary;
- Preparing detailed engineering estimates for projects;
- Assisting team in the preparation of proposals and presentations to promote services;
- Management of project health and safety, with support from the operational and corporate H&S team;
- Project scheduling (MS Project and Primavera P6);
- Working with field staff to resolve technical and constructability issues; and,
- Assist senior staff with business development
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering and Management or equivalent Or construction engineering background with a process and mechanical / electrical focus;
- Professional Engineering designation with ten years of licensed practice with the ability to be licensed in the Province of Manitoba, as well as other Provinces.
- Experience in demolition engineering would be a bonus;
- Experience in the development of engineering designs and specification packages as part of a cohesive multidisciplinary engineering team;
- Experience in planning projects from site visits along with scopes of work planned out by other senior consultants in a wide variety of disciplines;
- Worked cohesively with estimators and purchasing professionals on sourcing and costing of work and project development;
- Experience in the project management and contract administration of a variety of construction and demolition projects;
- Experienced in estimating, project scheduling and project phasing, cost control and contract administration;
- Creativity and a willingness to learn new things and expand horizons;
- Experienced liaising with clients and consultants in the support of the project and in management of site staff and subcontractors;
- Availability for 50% business travels and extended working hours as required in Canada as well as internationally.