MONTREAL or QUEBEC CITY
To meet our business line’s growing needs throughout Canada, WSP is actively seeking a bilingual Senior Proposals Coordinator for WSP Power for our Montreal or Quebec City office. Reporting to the National Manager for Proposals, your role will consist of actively supporting the Power team activities by leading the preparation of proposals and working closely with the business development team. Your top priority will be strategic or complex offers. You will also help coordinate all proposal team activities.
In response to the pandemic, WSP has adopted a hybrid approach to the return to the workplace based on trust and personal responsibility. This approach combines both on-site work and work from home.
Do you have a wide range of skills? Are you a great communicator with excellent team spirit? Are you extremely organized and able to help others get organized too? We’d love to have you on our team. You will have the following responsibilities:
• For assigned proposals, working closely with the proposal’s technical lead to develop a proposal planning document, draft the standard sections of the proposal, incorporate different content, facilitate revisions, and perform quality control of the final document.
• Specifically, as coordinator for a strategic or complex offer, you will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of creating a proposal while ensuring deadlines are respected, including:
o Analyzing call for tender documents and compiling a list of the mandatory requirements to ensure conformity of the proposal. Identifying risks and issues based on the context.
o Ensuring that the content expected from the contributors in each discipline or business unit involved in the proposal is clearly identified and communicated, and monitoring progress for said content. Calling on other members of the proposals team depending on needs.
o Ensuring necessary information is obtained in response to the various administrative/regulatory requirements.
o Coordinating and processing information from the various disciplines so that the proposal complies with internal presentation standards.
o Ensuring that internal policies regarding approvals are respected.
o Ensuring that lessons learned are taken into account for the same client.
• Taking part in strategic meetings and meetings to review strategic or complex proposals.
• Writing various sections of the proposals, including executive summaries, project descriptions (summaries of qualifications), matrices, and résumés, as required.
• Following up on your assigned proposals until results are received; initiating the post-mortem process and creating the project sheet, if necessary.
• Helping to create and use proposal development tools, evaluation criteria, standardized content, and templates.
• Helping to manage, monitor, and maintain proposal databases, files, and systems using the appropriate information management systems.
• Maintaining an accurate log of proposals that are ongoing and that have ended, were won, lost, etc.
• All other assigned tasks.
• Ten years of experience in developing proposals or in a similar domain; ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
• Preference is for candidates who have worked for engineering consulting or professional service firms.
• Excellent mastery of French and very good mastery of English.
• A motivated, flexible team member who shows initiative to go beyond the task at hand, an effective multitasker who can cope with changing priorities in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment.
• Good writing skills, with good attention to detail and the ability to review and revise documents, as well as the ability to understand technical terminology.
• Ability to organize, present, and validate financial offers.
• Good understanding of legal terminology.
• Strong IT skills: mastery of MS Office and SharePoint; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop, is desirable.
• Ability to work within a team that is spread throughout Canada with the aim of achieving common goals and objectives.
• Ability to adapt to a flexible work environment and to a work schedule that covers different time zones.