WSP is currently looking for a BIM/CAD Designer to join the GTA Technology Team, working on large IT Infrastructure, Security Systems and Technology projects in the region. The successful candidate should be familiar with a variety of institutional, municipal, healthcare, commercial, and light industrial building projects. The successful individual will be responsible for design, tender and construction services on various projects. This position will have scope and freedom to satisfy the most ambitious, career-minded and technically savvy person.
A typical week would include:
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes.
• Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings using company and government drafting standards.
• Perform drawing and technology research.
• Coordinate with Project Managers, Engineers, Designers and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into drawing packages.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight.
• Coordinate design drawings with other disciplines
• Contribute to maintaining WSP quality assurance approaches and methodologies.
• Other duties as assigned
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, or BIM related software
• Experience with MicroStation is desirable.
• Post-secondary education with drafting and/or construction-related experience with emphasis on electronic or electrical disciplines
• Knowledge of security, IT, and or AV systems would be considered an asset.
• A flexible approach to the working environment
• Ability to obtain a Public Works and Government Services Canada security clearance and work in a secure environment
• Ability to work under deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite.
• Must be willing to travel periodically and as required for project assignments.
• Must hold valid driver’s license.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.