WSP is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join our Project Management team, located at our Howe Street office. Reporting to the Director, Project Management, this position will be responsible for leading the existing space occupancy planning and data management, small move projects (including individual, transfers, and leaves), and is a customer-facing representative for the clients’ Global Real Estate and Facility Management team.
A successful candidate has the ability to communicate clearly with all parties involved in a project, including key stakeholders, internal customers, team members, and vendor partners and lead a project team around a common set of goals. This role requires the ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service, teamwork, and attention to detail in order to ensure client satisfaction. Must be able to deal with conflicts while maintaining professionalism and focus on the project goals.
This role is on our Accounts team; a secondment which is dedicated to one of our larger Seattle based clients. All projects are within the client's North America real estate portfolio.
- Maintains database of project floor plans, space assignments, occupancy, vacancy, and utilization data for assigned sites
- Regular audits of the existing space for changes to the architecture, FF&E, and signage
- Provides programmed plans and helps coordinate with the team space resets after floors are vacated during a move
- Updates run and distribute a monthly report for all site locations, including the last date of audit, square footage, headcount, desk count, locker counts, occupancy, and vacancy information
- Maintains strong multi-level customer contact and relationships and directs space needs
- Supports Launch, Move and Reset teams by providing accurate space floor plans and assignment data as required
- Initiates, tracks and completes Individual Move Requests for employees on a weekly basis
- Updates seat assignments with new hires, transfers, terminations and distributes to the client and strategic planning teams as requested
- Demonstrates ability to lead vendors and clients for moving teams into new workspaces in existing or new office space
- Manage multiple projects and project team priorities simultaneously from inception to closeout
- Provides measurable and timely response to client inquiries, work requests, and concerns.
- Develop and lead a project team of key stakeholders, internal team members, and vendor partners who meet the deliverables of the project
- Demonstrates capability to read and understand project documents including but not limited to; drawings, client work requests, and space data management documents and reports.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and summarize space occupancy data in a clear, concise manner
- Conduct onsite site verification walks before, during, and after completion of the project
- Develops and maintains complete knowledge of vendor service and material capabilities. Complete understanding of vendor processes and deliverables
- Oversee the project administrative processes and maintain accurate project documentation files in a timely manner
- Facilitates space occupancy and project meetings (if required) and ensures that all meetings are accurately documented and distributed
- Track and manage project issues and resolutions
- Will assist the company by outstanding project delivery, client service, process improvements, and support
- Models professionalism and core company values
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
- Previous space occupancy or data management experience preferred
- Experienced with Computer-Aided Facility Management (CAFM) systems is a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, and other data management software
- Must be able to exchange accurate information at various levels demonstrating the ability to build consensus for decision-making
- Must be able to inspect design plans and documents for accuracy
- Maintains courteous and professional manner, and works well in a team environment
- Roles require daily communication with direct manager and regional team, client and account vendor team members and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Periodical evening and weekend work required during building opening, relocation, and employee move projects
- Must be able to move within and between client buildings more than 50% of the day
- Must be able to safely access construction sites
- The successful candidate in this role must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds