We are seeking a Senior Engineer with seismic design expertise to join our Bridges group. The Senior Engineer will provide technical leadership in the design and delivery of transportation projects, including highway, transit, rail and pedestrian bridges, retaining walls, and unique structures. Duties include analysis, design, inspection, evaluation, cost estimating, tender document preparation and construction support.
The WSP Bridge Group in Vancouver is involved in many high-profile transportation projects in the province. This is an exciting time to join a dynamic and growing team!
Responsibilities will include technical leadership and delivery of:
- Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and other civil structures;
- Sophisticated analysis (nonlinear time-history, static pushover, soil-structural interaction) and performance-based seismic design of new and retrofitted structures;
- Seismic vulnerability and hazard assessment as well as seismic retrofit options for existing bridges
- Bridge inspections, assessment and rehabilitation design;
- Quantities and construction cost estimates;
- Checking of designs and drawings;
- Specifications and contract document preparation;
- Review of shop drawings and field review of bridge construction;
- Preparation of reports and proposals; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree in civil engineering with structural specialty from an accredited university;
- 10 to 15 years of experience in structural and seismic design of bridges, seismic assessment and retrofit design for existing bridges;
- Should possess or be eligible for professional licensing with EGBC;
- Superior technical understanding, design abilities and current on bridge technologies such as base isolation, 3D BrIM, parametric design, etc.;
- Working level knowledge of structural analysis software used in bridge design such as CSIBridge, MIDAS, etc;
- Areas of expertise required are in the planning, preliminary and detailed design, and construction of bridges of standard and complex geometry, and culverts;
- A thorough knowledge of current bridge design codes (CAN/CSA-S6 in particular) and standards is essential;
- Experience with inspection, assessment and rehabilitation of existing structures;
- Experience with field review and inspection during construction;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; and
- A team player with a willingness to mentor and collaborate with team members.