WSP is currently searching for a Behavioural Coach, to join a growing team within the Major Projects & Collaborative Working group. The Behavioural Coach will support implementation of strategic initiatives, training programs, and Collaborative Business Relationships systems in support of the win cycle (Capture Management, Expression of Interest (EOI), Statements of Qualifications (SOQs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), Requests for Proposal (RFPs)) of major opportunities and through project execution.
The Behavioural Coach is a client-facing role where you will be mentored and empowered to own the development and facilitation of learning content, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders like engineering joint-venture partners, sub-consultants, and design-builders to train and mentor high-performing and collaborative teams. Reporting to the Director, Strategic Pursuits & Collaborative Working, this is a pivotal role with high visibility within the organization.
The Behavioural Coach will also assist in developing broader operational excellence activities such as processes and procedures, platforms, and systems. The Behavioural Coach will develop relationships with internal stakeholders including corporate services, commercial, and operations to gather requirements, establish workflows, and maintain communication.
This role will support the activities of the Strategic Pursuits & Collaborative Working teams, helping to position WSP as a valued partner.
- Working with the Director, Strategic Pursuits & Collaborative Working to coordinate the implementation of strategic initiatives;
- Creating innovative and compelling learning, based on internal and project needs;
- Responsible for reviewing and tracking of requirements to ensure training content and learning outcomes comply with Bid guidance documentation and assessment criteria;
- Taking ownership and accountability for learning projects and collaborating with the wider business;
- Utilizing your knowledge and skills to develop colleagues’ talents and realize their full potential;
- Facilitating coached conversations to enable high performers to progress in the business;
- Assessing the success and value of development plans to ensure continuous improvement;
- Responsible for developing work plans, delivery schedules, arranging and facilitating meetings and workshops, developing meeting agendas, answering critical correspondence, and collecting lessons learned;
- Managing input from and collaborating with stakeholders across the organization including senior management, shared services and multi-disciplinary technical teams;
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups that support strategic initiatives;
- Researching, capturing, and analyzing neuroscience trends to update and improve training materials, facilitation practices, tools, and best practices.
- Candidates with previous experience working in Engineering Consulting or Professional Services firms are preferred. Understanding of Alternative Delivery contact models (AFP, PPP, DB, Alliance, IPD) is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree, technical degree, or equivalent work experience in managing a range of learning projects in a People role.
- The ability to gather training needs analysis and apply evidence-based practice to create learning solutions that are able to be quantified and which are flexible to change.
- Virtual working leadership techniques and the ability to both lead and facilitate teams in a virtual environment and help others to do so effectively.
- The ability to working autonomously with a positive can-do attitude with confidence to manage projects.
- Relationship management skills; proven experience in building rapport, gaining credibility as part of a team, building trust, working in partnership with cross-functional teams, and to proactively deliver upon commitments and expectations.
- Commercial acumen; interested and experienced in business, commercial, and operational issues, their interdependencies, and the impact of these on the people agenda.
- Strong Client Focus, commitment to working in a team environment, and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills; able to influence and engage with people, comfortable with presenting ideas and views, able to constructively challenge, probe and offer an alternative perspective in discussions.
- Analytical; able to analyze, interpret and communicate business, financial, and people data to inform discussions and operational plans.
- Well-developed ability to ‘lead without authority.
- Results-driven; proactive, accountable, responsible for delivery with a strong client orientation.
- Resilient, self-motivated, and able to remain calm under pressure when working to deadlines.
- Time management and a highly organized approach are essential as well as intermediate-level IT skills.
- Internal WSP experience is considered a strong asset, but not required