GREATER TORONTO AREA
Overview of the opportunity:
At WSP, we're continuing to grow and develop our expertise in Geotechnical Engineering, operating as a trusted advisor and technical expert on engineering design challenges for our clients across multiple industries. Our team is growing, and as a result we're adding Junior to Intermediate Geotechnical Engineers to our group. As part of the Geotechnical Engineering team in Ontario, you'll be responsible for driving forward our ambitious plans to enhance our geotechnical service offering in the province through your work with a close-knit team of engineering specialists and professionals.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer competitive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You'll be working on some of the most exciting and high-profile projects in Ontario and Canada;
- You'll be with interdisciplinary project teams that can offer high complexity work, and a chance to challenge yourself and what you've learned so far, and an opportunity push your skills to the next level with an experienced team and, collaborative managers who are among the best in the industry;
- You'll be providing working with more senior engineers to provide technical services in a field and office environment related to geotechnical engineering:
- You'll be working with and providing support to other members of the field technician group in assisting with other field and office activities;
- You'll be completing analysis of information and report preparation as well as supervising and/or carrying out site geotechnical investigations;
- Participating and contributing to a team environment and being a strong communicator;
- Promoting strong workplace health and safety practices;
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- A degree in geotechnical, civil or geological engineering, or a related field;
- Are licenced as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario, or are eligible to be licensed within 1 year
- 4 to 10 years experience in geotechnical investigations;
- Experience in geotechnical investigations, design and reporting;
- An Ontario Driver's License and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Proficiency with common geotechnical and other software is an asset;
- Initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence;
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn