MARKHAM OR AREA
WSP is currently seeking a Commissioning Specialist to join our Building Performance group, located at our Markham office. Reporting to the Department Manager/Project Manager this position will be responsible for executing work on Building Commissioning projects that will range in type, size and complexity, to provide support on achieving deadlines. This position will work with engineers, contractors, field personnel, subcontractors, and technical support staff.
Due to the project site component of this role, applicants must live in, or be willing to relocate to, the Markham / commuting area.
- Flexibility - We recognize that our people are faced with multiple challenges, both in their professional & personal lives. WSP has developed a Flexible Work Policy, designed to help our people manage their time on the job and support time away from work.
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- WSP’s commitment to being FutureReady™;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal, collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer competitive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- Apply company commissioning process guides as well as industry standards such as ASHRAE and CSA standards to ensure project quality delivery;
- Manage document control process for the commissioning projects of all types and sizes;
- Assist in on-site commissioning and inspections of HVAC, plumbing, building automation systems, and fire protection systems. Work with the team to perform condition assessment of existing mechanical/electrical equipment. We will provide in-house training to familiarize you with our quality system and standards;
- Work with senior team members to oversee and assist the entire commissioning process on all types and sizes of projects;
- Prepare and deliver various commissioning reports and documentation such as progress reports, functional test reports, meeting minutes, checklists, and issues log;
- Identify potential risks to project completion and develop potential solutions;
- Plan, schedule, and track project status; and
- Other similar duties as assigned
- Completion of a post-secondary course in Mechanical Engineering;
- Knowledge of electrical engineering basics will be an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years of commissioning experience is preferred;
- Excellent technical and communication skills are a necessity;
- Good attention to detail and accuracy of work;
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels;
- A self-motivated individual looking for advancement opportunities;
- Possess valid Ontario Driver license and own vehicle;
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada; and
- The successful candidate may be required to have or be able to obtain a Secret level Security Clearance.