WSP is currently seeking an Intermediate Electrical Designer to join our Mechanical & Electrical Department, located at our Ottawa office. Reporting to the Manager, M&E this position will be responsible for applying their electrical design knowledge on project work from conceptual design through completion in the following areas: commercial, residential, retail and institutional buildings.
WSP's Electrical & Mechanical team engages in the design of healthcare, educational, commercial, residential, recreational and light industrial facilities, with a specialization in large and complex projects, sustainable developments, and projects utilizing Alternate Delivery methods including Public-Private Partnerships (P3).
If you are keen to take on some of the most exciting projects and to be part of a winning international team; you will get to work and display your skill with colleagues on a local, national and international stage.
- Design of electrical power distribution systems;
- Design of lighting and fire alarm systems;
- Design of specialized systems, such ICAT;
- Coordination with various departments and disciplines required for project implementation;
- Production of detailed drawing and specifications;
- Complete field reviews for construction and manage construction documentation;
- Utilize MEP Revit for modelling systems, managing information in the building model, completing system analysis and managing the quality of the REVIT model to ensure it accurately represents the detailed design intent;
- Conduct quality reviews throughout the design process to ensure best practice design and drawing principles are being followed, and that the design meets the requirements of applicable WSP standards, as well as, applicable building codes and standards; and
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical building design.
- Ability to work with a minimum of instructions and complete tasks independently.
- Focus on electrical power distribution, lighting and fire alarm building design.
- Working knowledge of Building Codes, CSA standards, and CAN/ULC Standards for Life Safety Systems.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong desire and ability to collaborate and problem solve in an integrated team environment.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft suite of programs.
- Flexibility - We recognize that our people are faced with multiple challenges, both in their professional & personal lives. WSP has developed a Flexible Work Policy, designed to help our people manage their time on the job and support time away from work.
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- WSP’s commitment to being FutureReady™;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal, collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.