WSP is currently seeking an Experienced Electrical Engineer to join our Mechanical & Electrical Department, located at our Ottawa office. Reporting to the Manager, M&E this position will be responsible for applying their electrical engineering knowledge on project work from conceptual design through completion in the following areas: commercial, residential, retail and institutional buildings. Technical quality, cost effectiveness, building and maintaining client relationships, and providing guidance to a team of designers/ technicians are integral parts of this role.
WSP's Electrical & Mechanical team engages in the design of healthcare, educational, commercial, residential, recreational and light industrial facilities, with a specialization in large and complex projects, sustainable developments, and projects utilizing Alternate Delivery methods including Public-Private Partnerships (P3).
If you are keen to take on some of the most exciting projects and to be part of a winning international team; you will get to work and display your skill with colleagues on a local, national and international stage.
- You will work directly with the Senior Management team in Ottawa - M&E Buildings, work independently and with minimal supervision;
- Responsible for taking design projects from start to finish and applying a high level of technical, professional engineering and consulting expertise;
- Familiar with National, Provincial and Municipal Codes and Standards. Ensures the design documents meet established project criteria and applicable standards. Coordinates the preparation of engineering specifications and drawings;
- Responsible for researching and implementing new technology designs as required to meet client's objectives;
- Utilizes industry specific software and related technologies in design and analysis;
- Participates in client management, business development and proposal preparation activities;
- Prepare engineering design including calculations, specification and drawings for the following building systems:
- Fire life safety systems
- Electrical power infrastructure and distribution
- Lighting systems
- ICAT Systems
- You will be responsible to project manage some projects including financial review and maintaining budget and meeting milestones deliverables;
- Attend design and coordination meetings;
- Responsible for reviewing project construction and manage construction engineering correspondence.
- Peer review junior engineers work;
- Develop and mentor a high performing team of junior staff;
- You will ensure compliance with all staff within the department with WSP policies, practices, procedures and protocols.
- You will develop and implement design and production standards related to our engineering practice.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or proof of equivalent.
- 10+ years of related experience in an electrical building consulting engineering environment.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario (P. Eng.).
- You currently hold or able to obtain a secret level security clearance.
- LEED Accreditation and sustainable design experience are highly desirable qualifications.
- PMP designation or willingness to pursue this designation is desirable.
- Flexibility - We recognize that our people are faced with multiple challenges, both in their professional & personal lives. WSP has developed a Flexible Work Policy, designed to help our people manage their time on the job and support time away from work.
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- WSP’s commitment to being FutureReady™;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal, collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.