FLEXIBLE LOCATIONS ACROSS CANADA
WSP has an immediate opening for a Sustainable Infrastructure Advisor to join our National Climate Change, Resilience & Sustainability team. You will be part of one of Canada’s largest climate change consulting teams, which includes 60+ professionals who support our clients to plan, deliver and maintain low-carbon, resilient and sustainable infrastructure across Canada. This position can be based in any of our Canadian offices delivering sustainability (i.e. Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto, Kitchener, Montreal, Halifax) as the role will be national.
This role is responsible for providing technical delivery on a range of sustainable infrastructure projects and supporting the growth of this service area across Canada. With a primary emphasis on the Envision rating system, we anticipate the role will also include analysis and advisory on low carbon, resilient and sustainable design and construction practice for a wide range of infrastructure projects such as transportation, wastewater systems and transit projects.
This is a customer facing technical role that requires collaboration with both internal and external resources to deliver project expectations, in addition to developing and maintaining client relationships. This position primarily involves working with municipalities and governmental organizations, engineers, contractors, and technical staff.
We aim to grow our team with individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds as we believe that this will offer a selection of talents, skills and experiences which benefits our team through creativity, greater innovation and the offer of a range of perspectives and ideas. The ideal candidate will have the flexibility and capacity to work on a wide variety of projects and the demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Lead and deliver projects ensuring project technical content meets client needs and company standards;
- Establish the technical approach for the project; identifying the appropriate templates, processes, and knowledge that are to be employed; develop technical content, solutions, recommendations and report; review deliverables prior to issuance for technical quality and adherence to company standards; oversee project financials, resources, schedule and client interactions;
- Attend site visits or project meetings as required;
- Contribute to proposals and various client management activities;
- Contribute to the knowledge and professional development of other team members in the group;
- Working with the Climate Change, Resilience and Sustainability leadership, help support the development and implementation of business development strategies related to sustainable infrastructure;
- Contribute to knowledge and process improvement initiatives in sustainable infrastructure;
- Envision training for internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) from an accredited university or college in Science or Engineering (Civil Engineering preferred)
- Minimum of 4-6 years of proven industry related experience, with a technical focus on sustainable infrastructure; planning, design, construction, and operation and maintenance of civil infrastructure and transportation including transit and roads is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience and hands-on technical knowledge with the Envision rating system; Envision Sustainable Professional (Env SP) preferred;
- Professional Engineering registration or eligibility for registration an asset;
- Sustainable Transportation Professional (STP) credential and/or hands-on technical knowledge with Greenroads is an asset;
- Experience in developing sustainability management systems and/or plans for design-bid-build and design-build projects;
- Experience developing sustainability design criteria, specifications and contract provisions for large complex projects;
- Thorough understanding of drawings and specifications;
- Experience in providing sustainability advisory services to infrastructure agencies including developing strategies, policies, plans and technical guides;
- Experience in Climate Lens Assessments, greenhouse gas assessment, life-cycle assessment, embodied carbon, and/or climate change resilience for infrastructure is an asset;
- Ability to successfully work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced, deadline-oriented and project-based environment; including working collaborating and remotely across geographies and sectors.
- Experience with proposal writing, maintaining client relationships and communicating effectively with governmental organizations;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to provide Envision training is an asset;
- Self-directed and self-motivated, with exceptional problem solving, time management, decision-making and risk management skills;
- Desire to learn continuously, take on new challenges and enhance technical and professional skills;
- Ability and desire to mentor and teach other team members;
- Punctual, reliable, detailed oriented, task oriented, and organized.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint