FLEXIBLE LOCATIONS ACROSS THE GTA
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Land Development team, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for a variety of greenfield and re-development projects for residential, commercial, industrial, retail and institutional sites.
WSP’s Land Development team is a close-knit, collaborative team of career professionals which prides itself on its long-standing relationships of trust with the regional Municipalities, Townships and Cities across Ontario.
Partnering with other internal teams at WSP, the team is responsible for delivering long-term, complex projects in Land Development, covering the entire project life-cycle from conceptual planning & design, through to construction management and client hand-over.
As a Project Manager, your responsibilities will primarily cover multiple projects across the GTA and Golden Horseshoe through all stages of the project life-cycle. You will form partnerships both internally and externally and will be integral to developing and executing project delivery strategy. You will manage financial and technical aspects of all projects.
A day in the life….
- Manage multiple large multinational / multisector project teams in the GTA and beyond;
- Manage each project to ensure client expectations and business unit standards are met;
- Obtain land development approvals acting as a liaison between client and approving authorities;
- Preparation of proposals;
- Business development activities;
- Financial management of projects;
- Staff mentoring and development;
- Other duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you if you have….
- 15+ years of project management experience in a consulting environment focused on GTA land development projects;
- Registered as a P. Eng. or CET in Ontario;
- Expert knowledge of the land development approvals process in Ontario with emphasis on the GTA;
- Strong client management skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong financial and project management skills;
- Valid driver’s license in Ontario;
- Well-developed network within the land development industry.
- Flexibility - We recognize that our people are faced with multiple challenges, both in their professional & personal lives. WSP has developed a Flexible Work Policy, designed to help our people manage their time on the job and support time away from work.
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- WSP’s commitment to being FutureReady™;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal, collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.