PEACE RIVER, AB
WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Transportation department, located at our Peace River, Alberta office. Reporting to the Area Manager, this position will be responsible to assist in the delivery and coordination of Transportation related projects, within Alberta. The Project Manager will provide operational and technical assistance to WSP Clients, the Area Manager, the Regional Manager, and will assist in coordinating project delivery requirements to ensure the successful delivery, management, and cost control of projects. The Project Manager will also liaison with other Disciplines and Business Units for the successful delivery of multi-discipline projects within the Region.
This position will require extensive travel throughout Northwestern Alberta and will result in significant periods of time away from the successful candidate’s place of residence, often on short notice.
- Provide direction, supervision and leadership support and oversee day to day activities for WSP projects;
- Provide leadership support and supervision to Projects in meeting specific performance, budgets, and timeline targets;
- Ensure proactive project planning and management to facilitate efficient resources, staff utilization, and budgets to deliver the respective projects on time and on budget;
- Review and approve ongoing project budgets, hourly staff charges, timesheet review, and monthly invoicing;
- Provide prompt, thorough and accurate information to keep the Area and Regional Manager appropriately informed of the region’s operational and financial position;
- Carry out extensive travel throughout Northwestern Alberta to ensure project deliverables are being met;
- Provide field information and data pickup requirements;
- Prepare and compile proposals in response to specific RFP calls;
- Attend Client project Initialization meetings;
- Complete monthly reports as required by the Client;
- Coordinate staffing and other WSP divisions in order to deliver Preliminary, Design, and Tender engineering requirements;
- Coordinate staffing to provide team coverage for construction supervision activities;
- Coordinate timely and accurate paper flow to the Client including minutes of all meetings, weeklies, and monthly progress payments;
- Create for review and approval all required project Engineering Change Requests; and
- Prepare “draft” correspondence and documents as required for the Client for review.
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering or a diploma in Civil Engineering Technology will be preferred;
- Registered or eligible for registration with ASET as a C.E.T., or with APEGA as a P.Eng.;
- Minimum 5 years of engineering & construction experience, either in the public or private sectors, with a minimum of 2 years in a construction management role, and direct field experience on Alberta Transportation (Provincial Government) and/or MD/County projects, including dealing with contractors;
- A demonstrated ability to manage, direct, and motivate multi-disciplined teams to deliver fast paced medium to complex assignments;
- Must be both a leader and a team player;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player with a strong desire to succeed;
- Project Management Professional certification would be an asset;
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Flexible in working between both office and field environments; and
- Required to travel for extended periods of time, depending on project needs.