FLEXIBLE WORK LOCATIONS ACROSS CANADA
At WSP our Corporate Finance team works collaboratively with our business partners, project managers, directors, and technical experts to ensure that the financial health of our projects is a priority, at all times.
We are focused on delivering value as a trusted finance business partner. We currently have an opening for Manager, Internal Controls & Process Optimization to join our Corporate Finance team.
While our Corporate operations are based primarily in Ontario and Quebec, we are open to receiving applications from candidates across Canada, with a preference for those who bring bilingual (English & French) capabilities.
As Manager, Internal Controls & Process Optimization, you'll report to the Vice President of Operations Finance.
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer competitive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- As the Manager, Internal Controls & Process Optimization, you will be responsible for the creation, compliance, and continuous improvement of the internal control function for WSP Canada and its consolidated entities;
- You will lead the ongoing Management, compliance, and continuous improvement of the internal control systems and process optimization to enable finance transformation;
- Collaborating with several groups, you will identify and assess internal control gaps to understand the impact on financial statements and partner with business departments or operations teams to help address gaps and implement adequate control measures;
- You will monitor and manage the 52-109 certification process on a quarterly basis Identify the risks that impact the certification process (NI 52-109);
- You will take a proactive approach to support stakeholders in the NI 52-109 process; review, redesign, and document process under 52-109;
- You will collaborate with over 25 control owners (Business leaders, Finance Directors, Controllers, and Corporate Management and staff) to validate the control’s descriptions, frequency, and execution;
- You will monitor, manage and communicate the Risk-Control Matrix database on a quarterly basis;
- You will coordinate 52-109 interim and year-end testing process (with Global, RCGT- external auditors and control owners);
- You will coordinate and maintain the 52-109 tool (Resolver) for Canada. Produce control reports for Management, update controls in the system, and create Management action plans;
- You will provide training sessions regarding 52-109 methodology and tools, whilst also coordinating verification sessions;
- You will provide training to new WSP Canada leaders regarding WSP Internal Controls requirements as they relate to quarterly controls for a company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange;
- You will support the annual control audit;
- You will support the design internal control embedded in the ERP road map implementation
We'd love to hear from you if you bring...
- You will bring a natural desire to be a change agent, working closely with key stakeholders across functions and business lines;
- You will have an interest in positioning yourself as a Business and Finance partner to the Corporate Leadership Team, National Business Line Support functions, Overall Finance teams, etc;
- The successful candidate will possess an understanding of the relationship between financial results and operational performance;
- It will be essential to bring a proactive approach to building internal relationships with multiple stakeholders, adopting a ‘win as one’ strategy;
- You will have the capacity to use Agile, Lean, and Six Sigma methodology to optimize, standardize and simplify processes. Reduce “waste” and “Bottlenecks”
- You will have professional accounting designation with experience in auditing;
- You will bring a minimum of 10 years experience in accounting and finance, ideally including experience in a similar role;
- In addition, you will have a minimum of 5 years of direct experience in developing a compliance framework for Bill C-198 or Sarbanes-Oxley;
- You will value strong team spirit and strong persuasive skills;
- You will thrive in an environment which places value in a high degree of collaboration and customer service orientation;
- You will be a clear and effective communicator;
- Ideally, you will have bilingual skills (French and English).