Overview of the Opportunity:
WSP is currently seeking a senior level Environmental Impact Assessment practitioner to join our Environment team, based out of our Regina or Saskatoon office. Working closely with the Prairies Region ECO/EIA teams you will be responsible for leading impact assessment projects, oversight on environmental permitting, project and people management throughout the Prairies. You will also be responsible in working with regional staff to drive market growth and foster client relationships.
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
# WeAre WSP
We offer competitive pay, an industry leading benefits and insurance package, RRSP matching, opportunities to become a WSP shareholder with employer matching, flexible working arrangements, social events and sports teams, annual staff appreciation events, mentoring programs, career development and learning opportunities, and an inclusive and collaborative corporate culture. We have a clear mission, true values and a future-focused mindset. Come join us.
A day in the life:
- You will plan, coordinate and carry out mandates that may relate to both environmental impact studies, other forms of environmental assessments and environmental screenings, processes for obtaining environmental permits and authorizations, and environmental monitoring and / or the implementation of environmental management systems;
- You will be responsible for managing projects focusing on, renewable energy, transportation, Industrial infrastructure, mining and oil and gas-sectors;
- You will be responsible for evaluating Request for Proposals and prepare responses, develop work scopes, budgets and schedules, and provide ongoing management of people and projects;
- You will manage, projects, personnel and clients simultaneously while fostering a workplace that adheres to WSP’s core values;
- You will mentor more junior staff and collaborate regionally and nationally with other EIA practitioners;
- You will provide environmental and regulatory leadership;
- You will represent company projects to stakeholders including regulators, industry groups, environmental groups, landowners, First Nations, and the public;
- You will work with your colleagues to develop regional growth and financial strategies and maintains strong working relationships with key consultants and clients;
- You will champion HS&E Commitment and underlying principles throughout the organization.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Biology or a related discipline
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience conducting and managing environmental impact assessments
- A thorough understanding of the EIA, Ecology & Archaeology market across the Prairies region
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Status as an environmental professional (R.P.Bio., P.Biol, P.Ag.) and/or eligibility for accreditation through a similar professional organization
- Full driving license and clean driver’s abstract