KELOWNA, VICTORIA, VANCOUVER, CALGARY, EDMONTON OR WINNIPEG
WSP is currently seeking a talented and motivated landscape designer/technician to join our PLAUD studio. This opportunity will see you working within a creative, supportive and multi-disciplinary studio team involved in a wide variety of high-profile award winning landscape architectural projects, including parks and open spaces, streetscapes, urban design, transportation, ecological design and heritage preservation. We are currently working on a diverse portfolio of projects across the province and frequently collaborate with our Vancouver, Victoria, Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg PLAUD teams to service all of Western Canada.
Although we are open to hiring in any of our Western locations listed above, Kelowna is the preferred location for this position. Kelowna has evolved into a vibrant lakefront City with all the amenities of a larger urban centre. With mild winters and sun-drenched summers recreational and social opportunities are unlimited with our lakes, mountains, vineyards and orchards. Aside from our fantastic setting Kelowna is also gaining a reputation for our burgeoning food and cultural scene, as well as one of the fastest growing technology hubs in BC. Did we mention the average house price is nearly half that of Vancouver and the average commute for drivers (when not on your beach cruiser) is 15 minutes?
- Preparation of base maps, conceptual design and construction-level drawings and specifications, including cost estimating and detailing.
- Development of planting design and layout.
- Development of mapping and document production.
- Development of visualizations and graphics.
- Improvement of existing drawing standards and CAD libraries.
- Assistance on contract administration, including some site inspection work.
- Working on a variety of project types with a number of project managers across multiple provinces.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture;
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a private consulting environment. A variety of landscape architecture projects in British Columbia will be considered an asset;
- Superior skills in Autocad production, assembly of construction documentation packages, material selection, specifications and cost estimating within a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Membership (or eligibility for membership) with the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA) is required;
- Solid understanding of project development, design development and contract and proposal preparation is required;
- Expertise in Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other standard software packages;
- Graphic production / 3D rendering capability – Knowledge of SketchUp required, and rendering programs such as Lumion/3DS Max considered an asset;
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is preferred for site/project meetings and inspections.