WSP is currently seeking a Senior Engineer/Project Manager to join our Conveyance Infrastructure department, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager of Conveyance Infrastructure this position will be responsible for business development, managing the design and project management of multi-million dollar water/wastewater and other infrastructure trenchless rehabilitation projects, such as large diameter municipal water mains and sewers (sanitary and storm).
Building upon our significant Watermain Rehabilitation Experience, you will be working as a senior member of our team, your primary focus will be leading and executing a focused business development strategy to grow this business line and developing our team to successfully deliver trenchless rehabilitation projects. Responsible for the design of new and/or reconstruction of linear water and wastewater projects as well as the preparation of construction specifications, servicing reports, cost estimates, work programs, project budgets, proposals and other administrative duties.
- Prepare and execute a marketing plan for the trenchless rehabilitation market in the GTA
- Actively lead RFP, Bid and Proposal documents
- Be active in the trenchless rehabilitation industry and help increase WSP’s profile in this market segment
- Manage the design of public sector municipal servicing projects under the direction of one of our Principals;
- Actively participate in the design and provide direction to the design team throughout the design process;
- Liaise with the various municipal/utility/approval agencies;
- Be responsible for project budgets, project schedules, and client communications;
- Lead a multi-disciplinary project team to undertake major water/wastewater trenchless rehabilitation projects;
- Apply proven design experience including conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs;
- Manage design and project execution for municipal infrastructure projects including: wastewater, water resources, design, engineer, sewers, water mains, water main, feeder mains;
- Mentor and coach a team of engineers and technologists;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 15+ years of municipal infrastructure experience for Public Sector projects in Southern Ontario; North America or Europe
- Professional Engineer designation preferably in Ontario, but other jurisdictions will be acceptable
- PMP Certification is an asset
- Project Management experience on municipal water and sewer projects;
- Expert knowledge and experience with Condition Assessments, and Trenchless Technologies for pipeline rehabilitation
- Knowledge and experience in tunnel construction is an asset
- Member of NASSCO and PACP and MACP certified is an asset
- Familiarity with planning/approval process;
- Knowledge and application of Ontario Environmental standards and guidelines, and
- Familiarity with local planning/approval processes.