Overview of the Opportunity:
At WSP, we're continuing to grow and develop our expertise in Geotechnical Engineering, operating as a trusted advisor and technical expert on engineering design challenges for our clients across multiple industries including transportation, infrastructure, and buildings. Our team is growing, and as a result we're hoping to add an intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to our group. As an intermediate Geotechnical Engineer, a day in the life involves time spent in the field, as well as working in the Vancouver, BC office on projects and assignments related to geotechnical engineering. You'll work closely with a small team, be mentored by industry experts, and work on major projects. We have a clear mission, true values, and a future-focused mindset. Come explore what we can offer you.
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
# WeAre WSP
We offer competitive pay, an industry leading benefits and insurance package, RRSP matching, opportunities to become a WSP shareholder with employer matching, flexible working arrangements, social events and sports teams, free tea and coffee, annual staff appreciation events, mentoring programs, career development and learning opportunities, and an inclusive and collaborative corporate culture. We have a clear mission, true values and a future-focused mindset. Come join us.
A day in the life:
- You'll support engineers carrying out multi-disciplinary (Bridge, Building, Dam, Infrastructure, Mining, Tunneling…) projects requiring geotechnical work: site investigations, foundation design and construction, ground improvement design and construction, slope stabilization, etc.;
- You'll develop geotechnical investigation programs, prepare bidding documents, solicit bids, evaluate subcontractor submissions and support project engineers as part of their mandate;
- You will prepare geotechnical study and engineering reports and encouraged to share your opinion when formulating recommendations on various geotechnical aspects in projects, based on studies and project-specific work;
- You'll assess and evaluate geotechnical issues encountered, such as: settlements, liquefaction potential, slope stabilization, interstitial overpressure development, preferential flow, frost heave, excavation and backfilling procedures, etc.;
- You'll support field operations through supervision and monitoring of boreholes, in situ tests, piezocone soundings, reconnaissance trenches, as well as miscellaneous construction work such as soil embankment construction, subgrade compaction assessment, installation of geosynthetics, etc.;
- You may be required to perform other tasks as part of your role in the team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, geological engineering, mining engineering or geotechnical engineering, with a few years of experience in the field;
- Graduate degree in geotechnics preferred;
- Registered as a P.Eng. with EGBC;
- Previous experience (8+ years) working within the province and familiarity with the BC engineering regulations;
- Knowledge of standard geotechnical software such as GeoStudio, Ensoft, Rocscience suites…;
- Sense of initiative, attention to detail & team spirit.