WSP is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Buildings - Mechanical and Electrical team, located at our Markham office. Reporting to the Director of the group, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will play an integral role in the delivery and execution of complex, challenging and innovative projects.
From a technical perspective, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be an established technical resource, mentoring and guiding Designers and Engineers in the production of engineering drawings. In addition, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will provide input in client and stakeholder meetings, representing and championing the WSP brand and mission objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer looking to work with autonomy on some of Canada's most future-forward engineering projects.
- Participate in the design of plans, preliminary estimations and details for transportation, commercial, and light industrial buildings;
- Design of various building systems including but not limited to piping, plumbing, hydronic heating, air conditioning, ventilation, cooling systems, natural gas, Fire Protection and Building Automation Systems;
- Preparation of drawings and specifications, design calculations, Professional signing/sealing;
- Help prepare reports, proposals, bid submissions, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 8-12 years of experience designing mechanical systems including but not limited to piping, plumbing, hydronic heating, air conditioning, ventilation, cooling systems, natural gas, Fire Protection, and Building Automation Systems;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Ontario;
- Specific systems experience in: chillers and cooling plants, boilers and heating plants, humidification and dehumidification systems, air handlers, energy recovery, fire protection, plumbing systems;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Plumbing Code, ASHRAE (ASHRAE 90.1, 62), ASPE, CSA, ASME standards;
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, specializing in transportation, commercial and institutional projects including: HVAC reconfigurations; heat loss/gain calculations; hydronic piping design; plumbing and drainage design; sprinkler and standpipe systems; variable refrigerant flow (VRF), lab ventilation systems.
- Must be able to complete the majority of project work independently, with coordination and resources from other offices. Must be able to stamp project work for permit applications;
- Knowledge and proven experience with LEED ® is considered an asset;
- Knowledge and proven experience with BIM Revit is considered an asset;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and independent environment;
- Team player and ability to work independently;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.