is one of the world’s leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 50,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects. In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list.
At WSP we are proud, professional and passionate people, join us.
At WSP, our national Geotechnical and Materials team is over 420 people strong, and we are tackling some of Canada’s most exciting and challenging geotechnical projects. From ensuring our tall buildings are sitting on solid unshakeable ground, to creating higher roads in flood-prone areas to protect our infrastructure, to improving the transit congestion challenges in our major cities, WSP’s geotechnical experts are up to the task.
To that end, we are currently seeking a leading Geotechnical thinker, doer, and problem solver to lead and grow our geotechnical team in Fredericton. Working hand in hand with our Regional Geotechnical Manager, you will play a critical role in further developing our business, our brand, and our clients. Our national geotechnical group has grown exponentially over the past few years, and we are continuing to lead in innovation, exciting projects, high-performing teams, and excellent opportunities for our employees. We use excellent networking tools that help our technical expert to connect and collaborate on projects across Canada. Effectively leveraging our national, and sometimes global, expertise for projects, wherever they are, sets us apart in the eyes of our clients.
- Are you a geotechnical expert who enjoys technically complex projects where you can flex your creative engineering mind?
- Do you enjoy interacting with clients and building new opportunities for growth and expansion?
- Do you love geotechnical engineering and enjoy engaging in technical conversations with peers?
- Have you been waiting for the right opportunity to take your career to the next level, and have a far-reaching impact?
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO HERE:
- You'll be responsible for maintaining a strong technical involvement in projects and proposals;
- You will be establishing standard methodologies within the discipline and improving our methods;
- You will coordinate staff on a project level;
- You will review reports, proposals and technical specifications;
- You’ll complete analysis of information and report preparation;
- Preparation of specifications, proposals and other documentation;
- Complete invoicing for projects completed, client contact and business development;
- Communicating between the wider WSP geotechnical community with over 420 staff across Canada;
- You will always ensure health and safety policies are followed at all sites and take WSP's Life Saving rules to heart and;
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO WSP:
- Your bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, post-graduate degree in Civil Engineering;
- Your professionalism and experience as a registered Professional Engineer and Geoscientists of New Brunswick (APEGNB);
- You'll bring your senior level of experience and years of working in the industry in geotechnical engineering and field investigations;
- Your willingness to be mobile in the province of New Brunswick, and your openness to be doing a variety of work that may include field and office-based work;
- Your expertise with commonly used geotechnical software;
- Your comfort and experience writing geotechnical reports;
- Your excellent strong verbal and communication skills in English are essential;
- Your ability to think and act independently, while accepting coaching, guidance and productive feedback;
- You are enthusiastic, resourceful, adaptable, well organized and you have an eye for details;
- You are a true professional, and believe in the power of engaged and high-performing teams and know what works well to get the most out of your peers;