WSP is currently seeking a Division Manager to join our Transportation Department – Highways & Roads. Reporting to the Regional Manager – Transportation, this position will be responsible for project delivery and coordination of Transportation related projects, within Saskatchewan. The Division Manager will provide operational and technical assistance to WSP Clients, and ensure the successful delivery, management, and cost control of projects. The Division Manager will also liaise with other Disciplines and Business Units for the successful delivery of multi-discipline projects within the Region.
The preferable location for this position is Saskatoon, however, WSP offers a variety of remote working options which would potentially allow the successful candidate to work from another permanent location in Saskatchewan.
This position will require travel throughout Saskatchewan and require periods of short duration away from the successful candidate’s place of residence, often on short notice.
- Provide direction, supervision, leadership and oversee the day to day activities of the Transportation Team, including design, contract administration and construction supervision;
- Provide direct leadership, support and supervision of Projects and Project Management teams in meeting specific performance goals, including financial targets, budgets, and timelines;
- Prepare and compile proposals in response to specific RFP’s for Provincial and Municipal clients;
- Ensure proactive project planning and management to facilitate efficient resources, staff utilization, and budgets to deliver the respective projects on time and on budget;
- Responsible for the monitoring and the delivery of P&L (profit and loss) budgets;
- Provide prompt, thorough and accurate information to keep the Regional Manager appropriately informed of the region’s operational and financial position;
- Provide corporate support and client liaison to ensure project deliverables are being met;
- Attend Client meetings, including Corporate Support for WSP at preconstruction meetings;
- Complete monthly Progress Expenditure Reports as required by the Client;
- Coordinate staffing and other WSP divisions in order to deliver Preliminary, Design, and Tender engineering requirements;
- Coordinate staffing to provide team coverage for construction supervision activities;
- Attend Client required “bi-weekly” meetings on-site during construction periods;
- Coordinate and attend final inspections;
- Coordinate completion of final details and timely delivery of Summary Report and Final Details package;
- Coordinate timely and accurate paper flow to the Client including minutes of all meetings, weeklies, and monthly progress payments;
- Review and approve ongoing project budgets, hourly staff charges, timesheet review, and monthly invoicing;
- Create for review and approval all required project Engineering Change Requests; and
- Prepare correspondence and documents as required for the Client for review.
Undergraduate degree in civil engineering or a diploma in Civil Engineering Technology will be preferred;
Registered or eligible for immediate registration with APEGS as a P.Eng. or Engineering Licensee;
Minimum 10 + years of Canadian transportation engineering and construction related experience either in the public or private sectors, with a minimum of 5 years in a construction management role;
Project Management Professional certification would be an asset;
A demonstrated ability to manage, direct, and motivate multi-disciplined teams to deliver fast paced medium to complex assignments;
Must be both a leader and a team player and be able to mentor and develop junior team members;
Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
Motivated and enthusiastic team player with a strong desire to succeed;
Flexible in working between both office and field environments; and
Ability to travel on short notice, depending on project needs.