IT Project Manager
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce. At Tillamook, we believe that inclusion and diversity are central to our cultural strategy. In order to achieve our growth ambition and compete and win in the marketplace, we believe we make better decisions and build stronger teams when we invite and rely on diverse perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures into our work and to fuel our innovation and growth. To us this means creating a climate of inclusion where all employees feel valued and a sense of belonging. We believe this will make us a better consumer brand and employer.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and challenging position, the IT Project Manager serves to manage and lead the development, modification, enhancement, deployment or decommissioning of a product, service, or system and is constrained by the relationships among scope, resources, and time. Overall responsibilities include planning and implementation of assigned multiple projects while ensuring consistency with IT/Enterprise strategy, commitments and goals.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Support implementation of multiple IT projects
- Engage with stakeholders to define project scope, goals, requirements, and deliverables
- Promote project management concepts, methodologies, and best practices
- Manage cross-functional project team. Direct and supervise vendors, consultants, and team members when leading projects
- Develop strong relationships and communications with direct stakeholders and other business leaders throughout project lifecycles to achieve company goals and objectives
- Develop project plans, establish, and meet target dates and schedules
- Negotiate difficult situations skillfully with both internal and external groups
- Periodically review key projects to confirm status, recommend corrective actions, and facilitate decision-making as needed
- Conduct lessons-learned reviews of key projects
- Ensure management and key stakeholders are well informed of project progress, status, and issues on a timely basis
- Identify key risks and issues as well as mitigation alternatives and plans
- Ensure project documentation is complete, accurate, and stored appropriately
- Learn quickly and work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Conduct research, evaluate metrics, and proactively make recommendations to improve the company’s project delivery and success rate
- Attendance at multi-day off-site training sessions, weekend and evening work, and response to after- hours emergency calls, may be required
- Deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, and the public
- Demonstrate strategic and intellectually curious thinking with focus on team outcomes
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
- Collaborate in a team environment while exercising independent judgment and initiative
- Communicate effectively. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office 365 applications including Outlook for email communications, Word for document and proposal development, Excel for financial reporting/modeling, Project for work breakdown structure development and PowerPoint for presentation development
- Act as a team player and be able to interact with staff at all levels of the company
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Project Management, Business Administration, Finance or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing IT projects in project management, information systems, system implementation or business process analysis/re-engineering
- Experience with ERP, Change Management, and preferably experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience coordinating or part of cross functional team leading software development/implementation/process optimization/cloud infrastructure/migration projects
- Proficient in Project Management software, PM techniques and tools
- Demonstrated ability to tactfully influence executive, leaders, and project stakeholders
- Strong leadership and change management skills
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate teams and partners
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills
- Strong strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to new and ambiguous environments
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities
- PMP certification preferred
- Scrum Master a plus
- Lean or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Valid Oregon driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AA