Summary: Responsible for implementing revenue management strategies and processes for Telluride Ski & Golf lodging properties, in order to optimize and maximize revenues.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree or Hotel Revenue Management program certificate; or minimum of three years Revenue Management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Scope of Role:
- Implement revenue management operations, procedures and best practices.
- Identify new revenue opportunities.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Optimize and expand distribution partnerships.
- Develop and recommend offers and packages to help fill low season times.
- Oversees reservations department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotel and manage day to day yield operations.
- Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
- Create and develop pricing strategies in conjunction with the individuality of each property
- Manage and oversee strategy for all 3rd party distribution
- Responsible for assessing, analyzing and pricing group business strategies
- Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, consortia, groups)
- Reduce the cost of distribution by finding new less expensive means of delivering business
- Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations departments as a team.
- Regularly check the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc…) points.
- Responsible for best practice standards to include competitor analysis market modeling distribution yield management business mix yield management length of stay yield management inventory availability by channel pricing control and new pricing concepts.
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity
- Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional
- Prepare outline for and support the annual revenue budget process
- Conducts weekly revenue meetings and generates reports as needed for that meeting. Generates action plans from meetings and shares with the group.
- Build all rates, booking links and promotions/specials
- Supports TSG Ski & Golf sustainability initiatives
- Adheres to TSG Ski & Golf policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and adheres to Skier Responsibility Code and Colorado Skier Safety Act.
- Perform any and all duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- At least 3 years of experience practicing revenue management discipline in Lodging made up of Hotel, Property Management, and Vacation Rentals. Experience in a seasonal resort environment a plus.
- A strong command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledgeable of hotel technology: PMS, Channel Manager, GDS, CRS, Extranets (Springer Miller Systems, Opera, V12, Synxis, Innoptia, and/or SalesForce a plus)
Skill Set Requirements:
- Excellent analytical skills including spreadsheet and data analysis skills.
- Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet software, database management, and analytical tools.
- Detail oriented.
- Managed analytical projects.
- Ensures integrity of data configuration in various systems to provide accurate tracking.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal; strong people relationship skills.
- Extracting and analyzing data in order to proactively draw viable/actionable business conclusions.
- Experience in managing remote stakeholders.
- Enjoyment in the discipline and the Resort lifestyle.
- Drive and curiosity to continuously innovate the sales strategy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.