Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Inc. is the fifth largest generic pharmaceutical company in the world, and rapidly building brand presence. We manufacture, market and distribute pharmaceuticals to the nation’s largest wholesalers, distributors, warehousing and non-warehousing chain drugstores as well as managed care providers. Our goal is to continue to develop and market quality products that bring value to our customers and ultimately the patient. Current manufacturing capabilities allow Sun Pharma to develop products across most therapeutic categories.
At Sun Pharma we believe our people are an invaluable asset. Our culturally diverse workforce is one of our biggest strengths, along with the rich experience they bring across varied skill-sets. We are proud that our global workforce is bound by our common values:
Humility. Integrity. Passion. Innovation.
Title: Associate Director Medical Affairs Medical Information
- This position provides leadership and management for all branded products of SunPharma.
- The position is reporting directly to the Head of Medical Affairs for North America.
- You will have management and direct oversight of the call center supporting North American branded products to ensure compliant and efficient processes are followed, as well as manage escalated inquiries.
- You will execute strategic decisions related to the development and management of medical information materials via call center; facilitate personnel adherence to established practices and policies related to the manner and circumstances under which Medical Affairs responds to unsolicited requests from patients, pharmacists and Health care providers (HCPs)…..,including off-label inquiries.
- Responsible for managing the contracted Medical Information Call Center for all branded products for SunPharma North America (US and Canada), to ensure compliant and efficient processes are followed.
- Manage escalated inquiries from the Medical Information Call Center.
- Provides leadership and oversight of the medical information associate(s) for the US (today 1 associate + 1 associate contractor).
- Works independently yet ensure strategic alignment of information with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Head of Compliance, Head of Medical Affairs, Head of field MSLs and Medical Affairs leads for branded products) and external stakeholders, as necessary.
- Leads the Medical Information processes for responding to unsolicited medical inquiries.
- Maintains the repository of standard response documents across all branded products.
- Provides Monthly reports to management.
- Provides oversight in the development of response documents with Medical Information associates and the respective Medical Affairs leads for the branded products.
- Provides product training to internal and external colleagues where applicable.
- Oversees the staffing of the Medical Information booth at medical congresses.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge in the required therapeutic areas to provide high quality cross functional support.
- Manages and prioritizes multiple projects and provides input to intricate problems and delivers solutions in a timely manner
- Performs all duties in accordance with the Sun Pharma core values, code of conduct and complies to company directives, Policies/Standard Operating Procedures and government and industry requirements
- Performs other relevant tasks as requested by management.
- Manages the Medical Information budget.
- PharmD, MD or PhD.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience in a Medical Information Department within the pharmaceutical industry, Director level commensurate with experience
- Experience responding to unsolicited medical inquiries from healthcare professionals and providing specific responses utilizing clinical and scientific data that is particular to the request
- Knowledge of product labeling and legal requirements related to pharmaceuticals, promotional and industry sponsored educational events
- Understand the needs of HCPs when requests are submitted and demonstration of understanding the industry regulations
- Strong knowledge of searching the medical literature and drug information databases
- Strong ability to evaluate and communicate scientific data to a variety of audiences in various settings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong presentation skills preferred
- Ability to work in a multi matrix cross functional team.