Job Title: Finance Officer
Reports to: Associate Finance Manager
Location: Mbarara Project Office
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the timely disbursement of payments to both staff and suppliers (Vendors)
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- The Finance officer will also ensure control over cash and advances and will support timely and accurate reporting of projects financial and accounting information.
- Regularly review payment requests, invoices and demand notes for completeness, reasonability, allowability, and prepare timely payment request for approval of the country director.
- The incumbent will also initiate NBOL and Checks payments for the approval of the signatories (including preparing check schedule and NBOL schedule) & ensure that they are properly delivered & filed appropriately.
- Keenly monitor staff advances and ensure that staffs with unaccounted advances are not given additional advances.
- Maintain a payable tracker and produce monthly payable report for management.
- Prepare and file monthly PAYE & NSSF returns, work on monthly payroll and do cash reconciliations.
- Render support in the preparation of financial reports to donors
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor degree in business Management, Accounting and Finance, Commerce
- Professional qualification in CPA, or ACCA is required.
- Atleast 3 years of accounting experience for a public or private sector organization
- Experience with international donor environment
- Previous experience in managing US government-funds
- Familiarity with USAID regulations preferred
- Proven skills in financial management
- Computer literacy and knowledge of accounting software systems (e.g. QuickBooks Pro)
- Strong team player with proven communication and collaborative skills.
- Possess strong accuracy, attention to details and ability to follow-through.
- Highly organized with ability to meet deadlines, troubleshoot and problem solve