The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate Pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 17 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. “
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence‐based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ‐funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position
Title : Linkage Nurse (24)
Location : Ntcheu, Zomba, Thyolo, Blantyre, Chiradzulu, Dedza and Mchinji
Reporting to : District Technical Officer
The Linkage Nurse will lead the linkages systems in HIV/TB project implementation at the facility level in collaboration with MOH staff and other partners working on the same interventions. Under the supervision of District Team Lead, the Linkage Nurse is responsible for providing direct service delivery in MNCH, Adult and pediatric ART services. Additionally, the Linkage Nurse role will be to participate and strengthen Quality improvement initiatives at the facility level.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in the organization and establishment of linkage systems at the facility and away from the facility but within the district.
- Collaborate with MOH clinic staff to identify the clinic gaps impacting service delivery and ensuring that with support of EGPAF or MOH, service delivery is not interrupted. These can include items like weighing scale, height scale, BP machines, Thermometer, MUAC tapes, furniture, registers, stationery, Registers, drug supplies, etc.
- Lead the implementation of adolescent PSS activities
- Provide direct service delivery in the MNCH, Pediatric and adult ART clinics according to a structured schedule focusing 90-90-90 indicator performance
- In collaboration with the Care & Treatment Officer, the Linkage Nurse will ensure eligible clients access Viral Load Testing and those with high VL are provided with quality Intensive adherence counselling and followed up to finish the whole cascade of care.
- With the support of District Technical Officers and Care & Treatment Officers, the Linkage Nurse will strengthen, scale-up and track the performance of mother-infant pair (MIP) clinics as one of EGPAF’s differentiated service delivery model
- Work with MOH staff to ensure all mothers and children accessing services in MCH have a known HIV status and promote HTS to those with unknown HIV status
- Support and strengthen integration of PMTCT and EIDT in MNCH
- Work with MOH staff to strengthen the provision of Family Planning services in all ART delivery points.
- Support MOH and other partners implementing community programs on the linkage of all HIV clients with community structures like support groups.
- Promote retention strategies through implementation of the appointment Registers and early tracking of missed appointments in collaboration with expert clients or community partners.
- Liaise with HDAs to ensure viral load coverage, facilitate screening of master cards to identify eligible clients for VLT, and follow ups of HVL in collaboration with EC.
- Coaching of the expert clients, volunteers, mentor mothers on the linkage systems and correct documentation thereof.
- Participate in the data collection, documentation and sharing of promising practices related to PMTCT, EID and Pediatric HIV interventions.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Participate in the writing of HTS and ART reports on monthly, quarterly intervals and other periodic reports related to PMTCT and Pediatric component as required by the EGPAF
- Track the performance of EID indicators at 6 weeks, 12 and 24 months.
- Compile the monthly Facility Linkages report based on the provided template on the Kobo Platform
- Compile PSS reports and upload on the Kobo Platform or available paper based alternatives
- Work with the District Technical Officer to conduct and represent EGPAF in routine meetings with MOH staff such as QI Meetings, and review of Indicators within the 90-90-90 framework
- Diploma in nursing and midwifery
- More than 3 years of experience in HIV/TB management. He/she should be trained in ART management and registered with the relevant Registration bodies.