The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate Padiatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 17 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. “
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence‐based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ‐funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position
Title : Finance Assistant (2)
Location : Lilongwe
Reporting to : Senior Finance Officer
Overall Objective of the Position
Responsible for supporting all financial and management accounting activities at the Malawi Country Program Office, ensures compliance with EGPAF financial policies and procedures for payments, receipts and cash management, and take the responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of financial accounts for the Country Program.
- Ensure compliance with EGPAF financial policies and procedures for all financial transactions. Ensure supporting documents are complete before making any payment.
- Ensure that timely payments are made to vendors and staff members
- Processing and remittance of statutory obligations to relevant authorities
- Compilation of VAT report and claims
- Assist with month end closure processes
- Scanning of vouchers and other documents on a monthly basis
- Maintaining well organized accounting files
- Banking of cash received on a weekly basis
- Assist in the preparation and availing of documentation for compliance review and audits
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, experience and other requirements
- Diploma in Accounting or its equivalent, obtained from a reputable institution
- Should posses relevant accounting experience of not less than 2 years in a busy organization and must have sound knowledge of using computers. Practical experience in using computerized accounting packages, Quick Books will be an added advantage
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to meet deadlines
- Must posses high level of integrity, honesty, maturity, diligence, good attitude and commitment towards work.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest and a detailed current Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of at least three traceable referees, and indicating their availability to take up the position.