Responsible for ensuring necessary precautions and preventative measures are taken to
maintain a safe and clean area in and around the swimming pool. Ensure guest safety in
and around pool area. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all Company
standards, policies, and procedures.
1. Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management
in both written and verbal form.
2. Enforces swimming pool area rules and regulations. Watches for unsafe practices
and warns guests. Identifies potential hazards and reports them to manager on duty.
3. Delivers lounge chairs to guests and takes guest and their chair to desired location
4. Retrieves and stores lounge chairs at pool closing as necessary.
5. Daily, cleans pool using a vacuum, empties trash receptacles and cleans the deck
6. Administers first aid and CPR as needed.
7. Ensures guest safety in and around pool area.
8. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be courteous and polite to all
guests at all times.
1. Must be able to obtain Gaming or Non-Gaming work card for the jurisdiction in
which the property is located.
2. Must possess current advanced life-saving certificate.
3. Must be able to act and think quickly.
4. Must have considerable knowledge of swimming and bathing hazards, life saving
techniques and first aid practices.
1. Ability to bend, stoop, reach, carry, lift up to 40 lbs., push, pull, kneel, stretch and
2. Requires normal, corrected vision range and the ability to distinguish letters,
numbers and symbols.
3. Auditory capability to hear guests in pool area.
4. Ability to drag an unconscious person to perform first aid or CPR as needed.
5. Must be able to sit in Lifeguard stand for extended periods of time.
Work is typically performed outside and involves continuous exposure to high
temperatures, sunlight, wet surfaces and noise. Tasks may be performed from a sitting or
non-sitting position. Team Members may be required to stand, walk, lift, reach, push,
pull and grasp. These tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area. Work
may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and