Key role as an HR Business Partner, to ensure the successful execution of planning, staffing, training, performance management, compensation, compliance, employment relations, and HR communications. Strong presence with HR technology, data analytics, building relationships and partnering with a diverse group of union/nonunion employees and management. Substantial mentality to be proactive, predictive in developing solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will consult, advise and police management at different levels as required on policies, training and regulatory compliance
- Strong presence with process improvement and developing SOP’s.
- Comfortable establishing expectations and holding stakeholders fully accountable
- Be the champion of performance management including training, documentation, disciplinary action, inspection and policing up to and including termination of employees.
- Concentrated work with process improvement, SOP’s, California employment laws including but not limited to Federal regulations and compliance, ERISA, COBRA, ADA, all leaves administration, etc.
- Strong presence of mind in managing employee relations that may include employee complaints and/or investigations and related disciplinary matters.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills. Well-polished in front of groups. Very articulate. Successfully, created and presented presentations to a variety of operational staff including Directors, Presidents
- Really good at Project Management and executive of details
- Be a strong advocate and support for managers by providing consultative guidance for the business to help drive HR practices.
- Consult and advise management on all wage and hour compliance with union and non-union employment, including compliance with California and Federal statutory regulations.
- Preferred experience dealing with union landscape including, CBA’s, NLRB,
- Evaluate HR practices and advise management to ensure best-in-class HR solutions are implemented throughout the company.
- Create and execute training presentations to comply with required state and federal laws and supervisory management skills as needed. This includes but not limited to sexual harassment prevention training, leave management, the process of discipline, benefit and 401(k) open enrollment presentations, etc.
- Perform annual HR Audits. Validate effectiveness and/or deficiencies with recommended right practices
- Manage workers compensation claims to control costs and facilitate employee’s return to work. Perform routine inspection of root cause analysis of workers compensation issues.
- Partner with Business Unit on labor planning, including staffing levels and current job descriptions.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Coordinate with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Participate and advise top management in collective bargaining unit communications and negotiations.
- Executive Engagement and support of senior level executives by examples
- Great presentation skills
- Strong Data Analytical skills
- Above average Time Management skills
- Strong ER support backed by several diverse examples
- Power user with technology, Microsoft Office Excel (Pivot tables, Formulas), HRIS, PM, ATS
- Very assertive, but politically correct
- Supported EE population at least 300
- Passion for recruitment of top talent
- Very strong in managing FMLA
- Passion for training partnership (design and/or facilitation is a bonus)
- Solid Emotional Intelligence. Does not get emotional.
- Highly competitive spirit. Always wants to win. Not satisfied with 2nd place
- Someone who does not rely on trying, hoping or giving it their best. The right candidate is someone who just simply finds a way to get it done
- Enjoys working for a demanding HR leader who expects high quality and quantity
- Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree would be a plus.
- 5 plus years of progressively strong and diverse employee relations experience
- 3 plus years of Media Industry experience makes you highly desirable
- Professional bi-lingual Spanish is highly desirable and makes you a favorable candidate
- PHR, SPHR Certification is an advantage
Meruelo Media offers a very competitive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k.
Meruelo Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.